• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Reel Louisiana Video Contest

Contest Details
Louisiana is a state so rich in cultural heritage, so replete with distinguished circumstance, we’re able to use #OnlyLouisiana as our official tourism hashtag.

Sure, we claim the tallest capitol building (450 feet!) and the longest continuous bridge over water (Lake Pontchartrain Causeway - almost 24 miles long) and Louisiana is known for our outstanding food, our joie de vivre, our powerful musical culture and our resilience. Of course, we boast bayous that leave you breathless and lay claim to the most enchanting topography and terrain.

Louisiana has more American Indian tribes than any other Southern state. We have no official language because our state constitution specifically protects “the right of the people to preserve, foster and promote their respective historic, linguistic and cultural origins.” Louisiana boasts the Army’s first African American officers and the very first railroad spike ever driven into the ground by a woman. It may be our strong respect for the melting pot which is our great state that is the most impressive singular thing about Louisiana.

We’re asking filmmakers to show us in 90 seconds or less the kind of magic #OnlyLouisiana holds.

Three submissions allowed per filmmaker.

SUBMISSIONS DUE BY
Jul 31, 2017 at 12:00pm MDT (America/Denver)

VOTING OPENS
Aug 01, 2017 at 12:00pm MDT (America/Denver)

VOTING CLOSES
Aug 08, 2017 at 12:00pm MDT (America/Denver)

WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Aug 14, 2017 at 12:00pm MDT (America/Denver)

JURY AWARDS
10 Jury Selections: Move To Finals

AUDIENCE AWARDS
10 Audience Vote: Move to Finals

FINAL JURY AWARDS
1st Place Jury Award: $8,000

2nd Place Jury Award: $3,000

3rd Place Jury Award: $2,000

7 Honorable Mention Award: $1,000

ENTRY FEE
$0
For more information please see link below:
https://theaudienceawards.com/louis...k&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=ReelLouisiana

Awesome! I was JUST talking to someone about how bad I want to visit Louisiana. Good luck with this!

So...... Here is my question. You are promting this Lousiana contest from the angle of "we" yet your display information shows Montana and the contest shows Denver time. I live in Texas but I am from Hammond / Ponchatoula Louisiana and yes, I am a bit suspicious. Perhaps you are just hi-lighting a contest on your platform but it does not come across that way to me.

To answer your question! We are here in Montana and operate on MST. The Audience Awards is the world’s premier social media contest platform connecting brands, filmmakers and audiences. Audience Awards helps emerging content creators make money & receive opportunities to create for companies they could rarely access otherwise such as KODAK, Univision, Go Daddy and Hilton Worldwide. If you have any other questions please let me know! Follow our link and you can learn lots more about what we do and what opportunities are ahead.

Back