• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Happy - A short film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34t-tCFRukI

Congrads on completing your short.

Many people complain they do not have the cast or crew to make a Short. I always say: just shoot. The more practice you get, the better.

You did this with limited budget and limited cast and crew. Well done.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34t-tCFRukI

Congrads on completing your short.

Many people complain they do not have the cast or crew to make a Short. I always say: just shoot. The more practice you get, the better.

You did this with limited budget and limited cast and crew. Well done.

Thanks!
I'd love some constructive criticism though. Is the script clear and concise enough? Good story flow?

I liked the fact you didn't go the obvious route in terms of shooting and editing with a more back and forth between the two and instead you opted for the continued pull back revealing more and more of the scene. Well done this was a pretty good short!

I too really adored the long shots as I always have. The film felt very seamless. Almost as if you did it in one long take.

I connected with the brother character, and I love the "my brother is dead" line. The dialog felt natural from the brother and fitting for the killer. Nice job. I like it. :)

Really Good. I might have taken longer to draw back, revealing the final scene on the line Kill My brother.

Nice work, very well made.

I'd agree with this - the camera feels quite awkward after it's revealed the whole scene: just left sort of standing there.

I'd also agree with the second sentence, though! Liked the use of sound effects - v. immersive. :)

Thanks to everyone for the input! :)

dariussutherland & RyiGarry, my original intention was to start revealing blood way before the bodies... Maybe it could have kept the suspense longer, not sure.

Back