Just saying hi to the group.

Hi!

I just found this webpage and I have to say that it looks interesting. Its been my lifelong dream (as I'm sure it's been for most of the people reading this) to make movies, or at least something like made for TV anything. I guess you could say that it's my dream to do anything that I can involving video/film.

Out of high school I joined the Navy so that I could afford college when I get out. I figured: what good is a filmmaker who is thousands of dollars in debt? So right now I'm stationed around the Puget Sound in Washington (I'm pretty close to Seattle, seems like they have a great independant "scene" there, I'm still exploring it). I save up all the money I earn and I've slowly built what is a fairly decent DV type stupio: I've got my Canon GL-1 and a pretty decent AudioTechnica boom mic. I just got my new Apple G5 (terribly sweet, painfully fast) and I'm learning Final Cut (and OSX at the same time, I've grown up on PCs).

I bought a mixer so that people that I know who have musical talent (Hah, definitely not me) can come over and record some tracks they write so that I can use it as BG music. So far that has turned out to be pretty excellent of a plan. I record it onto the G5 and then sweeten it up with the software that I've got on here (I'm also still learning that part). Meanwhile, when I'm not reading tech manuals I'm trying to finish off all the literature that I can get my hands on. I always think that a firm basis in the much more established (thousands of years) story telling art of novels is a good idea. Right now I'm reading Brother Karamazov. Anyone ever check that out? Pretty decent.

Any way, just thought I'd say a little bit about me. Hey, if you're interested in working with some guys who are trying to make some interesting, thought-provoking, funny, and sometimes completely absurd movies in this area (Seattle-ish), feel free to message me. And if maybe you just want to send me a message I'd be honored, I'm always up to say hi:
email: staticnothing@hotmail.com
AIM: staticfour
YahooIM: staticnothing

Sorry if this was kind of rambling... but what's a good movie if not full of tangents?

Doug

Welcome! Glad you found us :wink:

Back