• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Christopher Lee Espinoza, Directs and Produces TATS!

A 23 year old filmmaker from my hometown, Albuquerque, Nm, is producing and directing a reality show called TATS!. He is generally a behind the scenes concept and story designer/analysis for commercial and music videos. He keeps out of public eye, but here is the article, so check it out.

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200812/1230582038.html

Tonight, on the independent channel Christopher Lee Espinoza will interview about "Web Series'" being a profitable medium for filmmaker with shorter projects. Last night I went to the seminar he and 4 others had and I am convinced.

The marketing from web series' is astronomical, and the fact that they are so easy to make made me realize that anyone can do it. But I agree that content is king. Have good content for the internet and the bar can be raised for videos on the internet. But I can't want to see the interview.

Christopher Lee Espinoza, 23, as even he will tell you, likes to engage his interests into three forms of media mediums. Commercials, music videos, and now web based media, know known as “Web Series”. His interests in short form productions is even more apparent after he has turned down network funding for the project known as “Jobless”, which will be released on the internet and is currently being co-written by his colleague Christy Wells. Other projects that Christopher Lee has in development are: “Tour Dancer”, “Chameleon”, and “Eatables”.

Based, upon real life events that have even struck Christopher Lee and his peers, comes a comedy in which two friends in different walks of life lose their jobs. “Typical story-line”, which are words from Christopher Lee himself, however, it is the story of many peoples lives today. The story takes place from the point of view of two young adult males that lose their jobs and must find new ones so that they can fulfill their quests into the future. A specific worry to Christopher Lee is, “This is a comedy story. Anyone who knows me or who has worked with me knows that comedy is not at all my strength. But, I am good with thinking outside of the box and my co-writer has been very helpful with assisting me.”

At the quaint coffee shop off Lamala Dr, a place Christopher Lee enjoys an expresso, I ask questions in regards to current productions as well as future ventures into, New Media.

Web series, as they are called. are not a very solid form of entertainment. Why are you specifically interested in making “Jobless” for the internet?

I have to say that the mere fact that the web is the way of the future. We have seen this in websites such as, Youtube, Hulu, and Myspace. Besides being social network they all have “Video”. I can watch my favorite shows on the internet, soon enough people are going to find comfort in shows they can watch on the bus, at work, at home, and it only takes three-minutes of their time. It is the new frontier and I myself will not be left out.

Last night on TMF-UK channel 21, you had an interview about coming out from behind the scenes and web series’ you have on your slate. You mentioned you are shooting a projects called “TATS!”, and you already have legal problems.

(Laughs) Yes, that is true. I have a reality pilot in the works right now, and since I will be the director as well as the producer on this particular project, I wanted a test shoot. And, I got more than I bargained for, a lawsuit, and a headache. (Laughs) It’s all ok now, everything' taken care of and no money lost.

You also mentioned “Jobless” is going to be written by a colleague from your college days and that this will be amongst one of her first tries at being a writer. Normally, you commission the best to work with you, why the change?

Yes, Christy Wells is in fact my writer and we both went to college together in Arizona. She is a peer of mine and she also happens to be a person that is resilient and I can trust. When I decided to journey into web related content, I wanted to assemble a crew of people with interests similar to my own. I talked with her about a few projects that I had and she took to “Jobless” head on. Also, I am at a phase in my career that I am finding it more important to bring people my age, up through the ropes with me.

There has been rumors that English production companies have sparked interest in your projects and asked you to shoot them all over Western England.

I can’t talk about what has been negotiated. Although, I can say that there is a possibility that I might be doing a significant amount of shooting in England.

There is a rumor going around saying you are known as Tyler G, any truth to this?

Yes, it’s true that I do use the name Tyler G, I will not say what the G stands for and I do not expect anyone will tell you, so the secret is safe with me.

It is said that you’re working on more than five projects, are they all web content related, or do they vary?

I am in development on more than five projects, and yes, all my projects vary right not. Web related, music videos, independent works, and some interactive material.

Article in fill in international magazine, here is the link: Http://filmmakerin

Back