• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Psychological horror short film "8" TRAILER

Hello,
My name is Miro Laiho and I am a filmmaker from Finland. Recently I wrote, directed and co-produced a horror short called "8".

Here's the trailer. Share it forward! :)

SHORT FILM 8 TRAILER

The film is about people who have to relive their most horrible memories all over again in a cave that projects human subconscious. It is based on a theory of eight levels of consciousness created by the LSD psychologist Timothy Leary.

The film will be available for digital download at the end of this month!
For more details, visit our sites:

http://www.shortfilm8.com
http://www.facebook.com/shortfilm8
http://www.twitter.com/8thlevel

Amazing!

Wow Miro. This is amazing work. The production is so clean, and I can see just from the trailer that what was written was done very well. I cant wait to see the finished product!! How much money was spent on this film, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers from California, US!!

-Matt Posada

Thank you Matt!

The film was done with only around 6000 euros (around 8500 USD). Unless we now get help from certain places for our distribution, sales, promotion and festival tours because we're running out of money :)

So yeah, this is very low budget. Done from passion to film and a strong wish to get a good sample for our resume, none of the crew got any money out of this.

It's nice that someone from the other part of the world is enjoying our work! Share the trailer to your friends, it's great to get fans from the US! :)

Cheers from Finland!

- Miro

Thank you Matt!

The film was done with only around 6000 euros (around 8500 USD). Unless we now get help from certain places for our distribution, sales, promotion and festival tours because we're running out of money :)

Cheers from Finland!

- Miro

Sheesh, wish I had $8500 budget. The budget for my short is about $85.

Your film looks good!

Is that shot of the guy rowing on a lake animated or real? if it's real, how'd you light that?

Last edited:
brianluce:
Thank you! The shot is a real on location shot. I believe it was already morning so the sun was getting up and we just decreased the light level of our camera and maybe put some small lamps in the boat, I can't remember anymore :)

NickClapper:
Thanks! The film is called "8" because it's based on the theory of 8 levels of consciousness created by the LSD psychologist Timothy Leary in the 1960's and 70's. Even though the film doesn't glorify drug use in any way or explain the theory, it adapts some parts from it in the main characters' quest to their inner selves.

Or, if you meant the shot with the boat in the distance, we put the camera just on the rocks near it, used a wide lense and shot light in the direction of the boat with all the lamps we got from the shore.

Are you planning to turn this into a feature ?

Because with such a budget and story, it's worth it.

What did you use to shoot it ?

TheArtist:

When I do my first feature, I want to pay my crew. This was such a tough experience to shoot for 16 long days and the whole crew was so mentally put to a test, that I want to make sure that I can pay my crew the next time we shoot a film. That means the budget has to be a lot higher. I'll hope this film will be a "business card" for some future projects.

We used Canon 7D to shoot "8".

Back