• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Ponheary Ly Foundation - Short Doco shot in Cambodia

This was short during a weeks holiday in Siem Reap Cambodia. I had my 550D on me anyway, so I thought I may as well shoot a promotional doco for this organisation that does very good work for the local schoolkids.

I didn't have a tripod or microphone, so the sound is camera mic only and some of the pics are a little shakey. I may also end up replacing the VO, as thats my voice and I'm not sure how I feel about it now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGvktaPN0LA

Thoughts welcome :)

Last edited:
Wow HanSagan,

I noticed you had 0 replys, so I thought I'd reply;

This is great! For having no other equipment at hand, this is very well put together.
The edit is clean, and your voice sounds great for the voice over as well.

I'd like to see more of your work. Where can I? If you have a chance, check out some of my stuff as well.

-Matt Posada

This is a nice and interesting mini-doc. We need more of this kind of independent reporting. It's like little slices of reality that you couldn't find in the mainstream media.

My only reservation is that the documentary is focused on the westerners working for the foundation. I would've liked seeing more of the children and also their parents whose point of view is totally absent.

There's a minor technical glitch i noticed. When Lori Carlson is interviewed, the white background behind her is constantly flickering. Anybody knows what's causing that artifact?

HanSagan, please keep those mini-docs coming! Thanks for doing this one.

Back