Drinkable Antifreeze Prop

Anyone have any ideas for making a realistic antifreeze to drink?

I am thinking about mixing gatorades, food coloring, etc. But I would love to figure out a way to make something really have that almost fluorescent green color. And be drinkable.

If only I could get my hands on a gallon of Ecto-Cooler...

Thanks, y'all.

I think the key will be to make the liquid somewhat milky...actually maybe mixing milk with Baja Blast from Taco Bell would work? I remember always thinking it looked like antifreeze when I was younger.

I would say, combine regular Mountain Dew with Baja Blast and there you go. I've done it a thousand times at Taco Bell and it always look toxic and almost exactly like antifreeze. Plus your actor can then chug it for comedic effect without any adverse side effects (aside from the need to belch)!

I agree Gatorade and/or Mountain Dew look like very realistic anti-freeze.

In my business we use solar heaters that use propylene glycol for a heating fluid. It is sold as "RV" or "marine" antifreeze and is safe for humans - and animals - to drink. It is used in food processing somehow. However, it's usually pink rather than green.

Thanks, all! Ended up using green apple Gatorade and a little bit of Limon Pepino Gatorade to give it some cloudiness and it looked pretty rad. Look for it in an episode of House of Horrors on Investigation Discovery this season.

Back