• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Daniels - A Bold New Horror

Hey folks - I'm new here and wanted to come on and share the Kickstarter link to a film my partner and I are making providing we get the funding. It's a low budget Welsh horror film that harks back to early Wes Craven with touches of classic coming of age films like The Goonies, Porkies, American Pie and Stand By Me. Sounds freaky doesn't it? Well if you like the sound of it please check out the page and share or donate if you can.

We're aiming to make a film where character comes first and then after the audience has grown to love our trio of boys, all named Daniel if you hadn't guessed it...BANG. Something rather...spicy happens : )

So please take a peek and see what you think.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/298279269/daniels-feature-film?ref=live

Last edited:
A FEW THINGS THAT BOTHERED ME:
First shot wasn't impressive, nor did it give anything away.
The audio is bad. Too much echoing.
The clips you picked to show/shoot didn't seem very fitting. Some horror clips would be much better.
A bit slow. Most people decide if they are going to stay/leave a video based upon the first 20 seconds. Get to the point!
In the film, there are some underexposed shots. Light your scene.

A FEW THINGS I LIKED

The acting doesn't seem too bad.
The lights were a nice touch. Added a sense of professionalism.
The sound effect at the beginning when the gun was turned was fantastic. Added a sense of dread.
Some good shots.

-------

I think if you had cut the trailer down (or at least that car scene at the beginning), and put it at the beginning, it would have grabbed my interest quicker and made me more confident about the project. Then BAM! We cut to you two quickly explaining the plot of the film, how excited you are, and what the money will go towards. Then you cut to the directors explaining the benefits of backing the film, and how excited they are. End with a 10 second scene from the film, and a loud sound effect with a title.

Anyway, best of luck! And please keep us posted on when/where/how the film will be released. I am curious to see it (mainly due to my love of good black comedies and thrillers).

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the thoughts folks - we'll take your advice into account and have just updates the campaign a little. Check it out and see what you think : )

Hey there -

We've updates again with why we need to reach our goal and some new videos and prizes for International audiences, would love to hear some thoughts on the campaign so far -- : )

- Tom

'Pick a pet, for the rugrat, bitch.'

Back