• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Gay Golf Instructors (Comedy)

"Terrifying Russian Homosexual" :lol:

Too bad you couldn't get a real golf course or driving range though. When your terrifying Russian friend teed the ball off the client's face, it might have been a nice effect to toss his sunglasses up into the shot as though they were hit there by the club.

The TRH stole the show. You did a fine job. But you really could work on your (flamboyant) gay a bit more. And I would have had makeup and wardrobe do something with your look. Probably something with your hair would have done wonders to fit the character better.

But I giggled.

Last edited:
Not sure what to say about this, other than it made me chuckle.

Funny timing side note, I just filmed a real golf tutorial last week with my brother, a professional golf instructor... completely opposite end of the spectrum from your work... lol.

Didn't really do it for me, only got about halfway through. It felt improvised, and the I think the jokes were kind of obvious for that reason and not that funny.

I'm kind of curious why you made it gay golf instructors instead of just golf instructors? Right now it seems like you're relying a lot on the stereotypes for humor - it feels like it could actually be a lot funnier if they were specifically not gay. A guy who's very 'straight' but lovingly caresses his shaft, is obsessed with his balls, etc is funny because of the incongruity.

Didn't really do it for me, only got about halfway through. It felt improvised, and the I think the jokes were kind of obvious for that reason and not that funny.

I'm kind of curious why you made it gay golf instructors instead of just golf instructors? Right now it seems like you're relying a lot on the stereotypes for humor - it feels like it could actually be a lot funnier if they were specifically not gay. A guy who's very 'straight' but lovingly caresses his shaft, is obsessed with his balls, etc is funny because of the incongruity.

+1

I'm going to jump on this and add my 2c as well. The humor isn't my thing (but obviously is to some people, that's fine, I have an odd sense of humor) - but what bugged me more is that it kind of comes across as a bit homophobic. I understand it's likely unintentional, and not particularly malicious - but it's just playing on a (negative) stereotype that audiences expect, that is just not real (again, I know you're not going for realism) - I've never met a gay person who fits the stereotype i'm referring to. And I know you're probably not trying to specifically make fun of the gay community, but you end up doing so inadvertently.

I would say I am making fun of the homophobic community (if you can call it that)
Also, audiences would probably expect a lot more than just a gay lisp, and they most certainly wouldn't expect the Russian dude.

Also, if they were regular golf instructors, I would've lost a lot of the jokes, specifically the whole Tiger Woods chunk, which I think is probably the best part of the video.

Thanks for the feedback, now I'll ask for some in a specific area. Color correcting this was a pain in the ass for me (It was shot on a day where the clouds kept deciding to cover us for one take, then leave for the next) Does it seem alright there?

Back