• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Pokemon Battle

Here's another new comedy video, this time I went for VFX-heavy.

I'm trying to put out at least one short a week, and so far it's been going well...

Anyways, I'd love some feedback.

By the way, this video should still be funny even if you weren't a fan of this stuff as a kid (I wasn't... or was I???)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_qqyTkw-Dw

Your skillz r improving!
Plus, you got a pretty odd sense of humor. :yes:

On these bright sunshiny days (and I'm glad to see you giving your camera sensor plenty of light, BTW) are you giving your shutter speed/aperture/frame rate any regard or pretty much just letting the camera figure out all that jazz and as long as it's in focus = GOLD!

I'm not complaining.
Just wondering if it's anything to you.

Your skillz r improving!
Plus, you got a pretty odd sense of humor. :yes:

On these bright sunshiny days (and I'm glad to see you giving your camera sensor plenty of light, BTW) are you giving your shutter speed/aperture/frame rate any regard or pretty much just letting the camera figure out all that jazz and as long as it's in focus = GOLD!

I'm not complaining.
Just wondering if it's anything to you.

I went for higher shutter speed for that kinda "jerky" look, to make it seem kinda like a Nintendo Gameboy game, back when the movements were kinda jerky and had little motion blur.

Did it seem off to you in any way?

I went for higher shutter speed for that kinda "jerky" look, to make it seem kinda like a Nintendo Gameboy game, back when the movements were kinda jerky and had little motion blur.

Did it seem off to you in any way?
I kinda got that impression for a few shots and very much appreciate you having a method to your madness even if it was with partial success.

Definitely shoot it at 30FPS.
And kick that shutter speed up t 1/250-ish.

Additionally, IDK what NLE you're working with but Adobe Premiere has a "time tool" that stretches and contracts raw video by adding or subtracting frames.

If your NLE does the same then try
  1. making a preliminary final edit (IDK if you should try this before or after adding graphics and effects - experiment!),
  2. save as a video for your computer to use so that it's all one nice big video,
  3. then open up a new file and
  4. add that saved piece,
  5. compress it to half time,
  6. save again,
  7. open a third new file
  8. open that second save
  9. and time stretch it back out double to its original length.
Half the frames should be missing = 15FPS, further adding to that choppy appearence.

I haven't tried this myself, but likely will next week to test the idea.
Might be gold.
Might be urine. :blush:

GL!

Re color correction: didn't notice, so it must've been fine enuf

You know Ray, I wish I would've consulted you before shooting... I think I'll use this method if I do another video like this in the future.

Ain't no tellin' what sorta goofy stuff I can think of, is there? :no::yes:

Experiement first, a couple times, one with the SFX already added and one with the SFX added after the frame rate distortion.

Back