Great GURUS Design MARKETING and DISTRIBUTION stratigies

Before writing anything just READ this

I know there are few posts based on the same topic or may be near to this topic .But this topic is different. Do you know why. over here every one will be giving his /her strategies,Notes,Ideas for marketing and distribution process of movies.All the Gurus and Experts are requested to post their views and details.You can say i want to make this post a small ebook on the topic of Marketing and Distribution if Indie Movies.

i had discussion with few member and they replied to me. Few statments are still waiting for the reply.I want to post those statments too so that we can discuss on it.

First

i said

i think marketing isnt the job of indie filmmaker as it needs a big budget. If i am right then why you said this?and if i am wrong then how can i get finance for marketing???

And clive replied
on this link :http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=71493

we can discuss this reply.

On the other hand he talked about

Know the names of the ten people who are most likely to buy your movie, before you start shooting

and i replied

suppose if i am a young filmmaker making a movie for the first time how can i be sure that thoes ten [or even one] is realy interested in buying my movie when it is my first time??how can somebody trust me?????

can you tell me about it??

can you clear me this issue?

Now what do you people say about it???

he also said

concentrate on marketing and distribution.

Now i want you people to discuss how an indie filmmaker can create its own
Marketing and Distribution Strategy. You can Design your own strategies related to any genre

you are free to talke about any genre either its comedy, suspence, drama, action , horror..or any other...
Just put out all you creativity and experience over here so that it will become a real gift for indie filmmakers from your side and from www.indietalk.com side. There are some people who have already sold their movies. They can too share their experience over here.

I Hope this will be a very interesting topic. The great GURUS and EXPERTS can feel that they are teaching in an indie filmmaking school to their students [:d]

We can also discuss the matter that if we release an indie movie on DVD, what should be our strategy for this sort of Distribution?

Hi friend i have made a blog by the name

www.indie-filmmaking.blogspot.com

please go there and read my blog on scriptwriting for independent filmmaking.and comment on it

soon i am going to post a very important blog on the same link

Distribution Strategies For Indie Movies....

a very important issue and problem faced by indie filmmakers so keep in touch with the blog site.

Regards

Back