• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

$35,000 Short reasons to like Writers and Filmmakers.com

Deadline - February 29th, 2016

The winning filmmaker wins up to $25,000 to shoot one of the top 10 scripts. Winning writer receives up to $10,000 for their short script!

Writers judge filmmakers and filmmakers judge writers. It’s that simple! We fund you to collaborate.

Writers can't judge writers. Filmmakers can't judge filmmakers.

The filmmaker(s) owns 100% of the film. Writersandfilmmakers.com owns 0%.

How it works: The writers review films and decide the best filmmaker. The filmmakers read scripts and decide the top 10 scripts. The winning filmmaker selects one of the top 10 scripts to shoot and we fund the production. The screenwriter gets paid and their script made. The filmmaker gets funded to shoot the script.

We will also be using the 'exchange' tool to market in the winning filmmakers home town.

Visit www.writersandfilmmakers.com to enter your work now. Pay only when the competition starts (That way we are not holding your money).

Why do we say “up to”? Because you only pay when the competition starts, we recognize that some people will sign up but not commit. So we have to go on without them!

Deadline Feb 29th, 2016

Writers can't judge writers. Filmmakers can't judge filmmakers.

I wonder - How many people on this indie board are both Writers and Filmmakers.
Is there a reason a writer cannot also compete as a filmmaker - using a different unrelated work in either category?

I suppose it wouldn't be much collaboration if the same person won but hey it's decided by your own members so it's still a social thing.

I wonder - How many people on this indie board are both Writers and Filmmakers.
Is there a reason a writer cannot also compete as a filmmaker - using a different unrelated work in either category?

I suppose it wouldn't be much collaboration if the same person won but hey it's decided by your own members so it's still a social thing.

Yes there is a reason. You might get smart and try to down vote others as you are no longer trying to find the best from the other group. Does that make sense? You will have not conflict of interest.

Sort of makes sense.

Will one selfish down vote against someone else's project really make a difference in the scheme of things?

Sort of makes sense.

Will one selfish down vote against someone else's project really make a difference in the scheme of things?

One selfish down voteR will not likely affect the overall average score. But in a really tight race it might.

But, let's say everyone starts doing it. Assume you have 20 assignments and all 20 people are also 'scoring backwards' (best script is scored lowest). We just want to avoid this.

We want the purity of the group (as individual voters) voting up the best. The filmmakers want the best scripts to shoot, the writers want the best filmmaker to shoot their script.

Hope this helps!

Back