• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

FREE SCRIPT

Alright, this is 100% free, all I ask is that I get credit and it would be nice to see the finished product.

One Day Older
Written by Mike Mintz

Fade In
{Exterior Gas Station}
Wide distant shot outside of Gas Station. Zach walks out carrying case of beer.
{Exterior Alley}
[Tracking Shot from behind]
Zach walking down alley
[Wide shot (looking down alley from Zach’s POV perhaps over the shoulder]
Man standing at end of alley
[Tight shot]
Zach stops suddenly looks concerned and turns around
[Wide shot]
Zach bumps into another man who was standing behind him
[Wide Shot]
Man in alley (menacingly) “Hey bud. Watch where ya goin.”
[Tight Shot]
Zach smiles
[Hard Cut to External shot of city sounds of a scuffle]
[fade]
{Interior, Trey’s apartment. Obvious bachelor pad}
[Wide shot, Trey and Zach sitting on chairs drinking beer]
Trey: “Do you remember Becky? Dude that girl was trouble, I knew it from the first time I got paid, and she took half!”
Both laugh
[Tight shot]
Zach: “Yeah, she was a bit crazy”.
[Wide shot, Zach gets up and walks towards fridge]
Zach: “But she was super-hot though.”
[Tight shot on trey]
Trey: “ha yeah. Hot and dangerous.”
[Tight shot on Zach looking in fridge]
Zach (looking at bruised knuckles): “Speaking of dangerous, when are you going to move out of this crappy neighborhood?”
[Tight shot on fridge, empty except for a couple of beers]
Zach: “and make some money so you can put something other than beer in your fridge?”
[Tight shot on Trey]
Trey: “Actually, even if I had money there would still be only beer in the fridge. Just a lot more of it.”
[Wide shot, Zach hands Trey a beer and sits back down]
Zach: “Seriously though, it’s been what? Two years at this tech company and your still scraping by, you gotta make a change.”
[Wide shot on trey, a little annoyed]
Trey: “Alright first of all you’re not my dad, so stop talking like him. And secondly, I’m about to close a huge deal for a lot of money.”
[Tight shot on Zach, surprised]
Zach: “wait, what?”
[Tight shot on trey]
Trey: “Alright, I wasn’t going to tell you this, but I met this guy Nick at a couple of joint conferences and he’s a pretty high up guy with TechNet and has some good connections.”
[Tight shot on Zach]
Zach: “See, I told you, it’s all about networking and who you know. So he offered you a job?”
[Wide shot both Zach and Trey in the shot, this will be a long shot]
[Trey stands up, talking while moving towards camera]
Trey: “Well not exactly.”
Zach: “what then?”
Trey (facing camera): “Well, he said he would pay me 50 grand to copy some files from my work.”
[Zach gets up and walks toward Trey, visibly upset]
Zach: “Are you insane? You’re talking about stealing private data from the company you work for.”
Trey: “You know, it’s not like they’ve done me any favors.”
[Trey walks over to Zach’s chair and grabs his coat, walks back up to Zach]
Trey: “but hey, thanks for stopping by”
[Trey hands Zach his coat and walks back to his chair]
[Tight shot on Zach]
“Come on Trey. I’m jus-“
[Tight shot on Trey]
“Have a good night Zach.”
[Tight shot on Zach, reluctantly nods]
{Exterior of apartment, Zach takes a couple of steps away from apartment towards camera, stops and looks pensive}
[fade]
[Time Lapse from day to night over the city]
{Exterior, sidewalk}
[Trey walks down sidewalk]
[Hard cut to Zach in a car watching him from a distance]
[Wide Shot]
Trey turns down another street
[Wide Shot]
Zach puts the car in drive and follows
[Some driving shots]
[Dissolve]
[Exterior of office building, Zach’s car sitting outside]
[Zach sitting in car]
[Multiple shots showing him doing different things. Playing on his phone, singing with the radio, playing on the dash/drinking coffee]
[Zach yawns, then notices something and bolts upright]
[Hard cut to outside of office building and a man walks up to the door and waits, then moves to end of sidewalk]
[Hard cut to Zach]
Zach (curiously): “what are you up to?”
[Hard cut to office building and Trey exiting]
[Hard cut to Zach he looks at other guy]
[Hard cut to other guy moving towards Trey]
[Hard cut to Zach]
[Zach puts car in gear]
Zach: “Shit”
[Wide shot showing other guy closing in on Trey, then Zach’s car appears in front of trey and the door opens]
[Tight shot behind trey looking at Zach in car]
Zach: “Get in!”
[Tight shot]
Trey gets in and car pulls away, other guy runs into frame
[Reverse shot showing front of car and down street as other guy looks to be pulling a gun out of his jacket]
[Tight shot (interior of car both Zach and Trey from behind as lights fly by)]
(Dissolve)
[Wide shot]
{Exterior remote location by the river}.
Trey sitting on hood of the car, Zach pacing
Zach: “That could have been bad man.”
Trey: “Dude, seriously, relax. “
Zach: “That guy was gonna-“
[Tight shot on Trey]
Trey: “That guy was gonna what exactly?
[Tight shot on Zach]
Zach stunned taken aback
[Wide shot showing both Zach and Trey in shot]
Trey jumps off hood
Trey: “You always overreact, every situation, you always expect the worst.”
Zach: “I just see things happening-“
Trey: “No, you just think you see stuff, you have to have everything under control. I mean Jesus Zach, you were spying on me, following me around keeping tabs on-“
[Tight shot on both]
Zach: “It’s not like that. This whole thing, you have to admit it raises a lot of red flags.”

Trey (shifting attitude): “Look man, right here in my hand, I’m holding 50 grand.”
[Wide shot on both]
Zach: “And just how much are you willing to risk for it?”
Trey: “Honestly,
[Tight shot]
Trey: “I’ve got nothing to lose”
[Wide shot on both]
Zach nods
Zach: “Alright then”
[Reverse shot] Zach starts walking back toward car and out of frame, Trey watches
Zach (as he passes Trey): “But we do it my way.”
Zach continues out of shot, Trey hesitates and then nods.
(Fade)
{Exterior of car}
[Hard cut]
{Interior of car}
Zach looking through binoculars, put them down picks up walkie talkie
Zach: “alright, it’s been quiet the last couple of hours, I think you are good to move in”
Trey (over walkie talkie): I think you’ve gone a little overboard”
Zach: “I hope you are right.”
Trey: “I mean, is it really necessary that I take a gun?”
Zach: “It’s better to have it and not need it-“
Trey: “Then need it and not have it, yeah yeah. Alright here we go.”
{Interior office building}
[Wide shot]
Nick sitting at desk, Trey walks in
Trey: “Hey Nick.”
Nick: “Trey, you need to get a new watch, your 3 hours late”
Trey: “Actually I’m two hours late, I’ve been in your waiting room for the last hour, nice spread by the way, but you should get some more magazines.”
Nick (smiles): “Touche, let’s not waste any more of each other’s time then. Do you have the files?”
[Tight shot on Trey]
Trey: “Do you have the cash?”
[Wide shot on both]
Nick: “Are you asking me if I have 50 thousand dollars on me?”
Trey looks confused “I thought”
Nick: “You thought? I don’t know what you thought was gonna happen, like that you were going to walk in here, we were going to do an old west ‘at the same time’ type of thing?
Come on kid, welcome to the real world, where withdrawing 50 K out of my bank account and putting in your is highly suspicious and easily tracked.
[Tight shot]
Nick: “Look its simple, I will review the files, if I like what I see, I will transfer money from one of my offshore accounts into another one of my offshore accounts. (Hands Trey a slip of paper with account number on it).
[Tight shot] Trey looks at paper
[Wide shot (both in frame)]
Nick: It’s clean, untraceable. In a word, neat.”
Trey: “I’ve got a different word for you. Sketchy. Say I give you the files, and you don’t ever pay me the money? It’s not like I can go to the cops.”
[Tight shot]
Nick (pauses): “I see we are at an impasse, the way the math comes out to me is you have one of two options. Either you give me the files and I put 50 thousand dollars in that account… or you walk.
[Tight shot]
Trey(weighing the options): You know I want to do this the simple way.
[Tight shot on Nick, smiles]
[Tight shot]
Trey: I got so caught up in the money, that I almost did an incredibly stupid thing. I’m walking Nick, I want the money, don’t get me wrong, I want it more than anything. But if I cross that line, there is no going back
[Tight shot]
Nick: “You are making a huge mistake.”
[Wide shot]
Trey: “You are absolutely right, you’re right. This is a 50 thousand dollar mistake, and I don’t care. You are obviously very comfortable with this whole thing, but this is just not who I am.”
(Fade)
{Exterior remote location by the river}[Wide shot both Zach and Trey in frame sitting on hood of car]
Zach: “I can’t believe you walked away from that money”
Trey: “You know what I can’t believe? That I ever even thought about taking it in the first place.”
(Trey gets up and walks towards camera)
Trey: “It’s crazy to think, that less than 24 hours ago we were right here having a very different conversation.”
(Zach gets up and walks towards Trey)
Zach: “So what’s changed?”
Trey: “I don’t know dude, I’m just one day older I guess.”
(Zach smiles, walks back to car)
Zach: “You wanna go grab a beer?”
Trey: “Absolutely” (starts walking back to car) “you’re buying”
Both laugh
(Fade to black)

No. Everyone has their own unique vision. I would never get in the way of that. In fact change it as much as you want, if I don't like the final product I'll just ask to have my name removed.

ONE DAY OLDER
WRITTEN BY MIKE MINTZ

EXT. GAS STATION (NIGHT)

ZACH WALKS OUT CARRYING A CASE OF BEER.

EXT. ALLEY (NIGHT)

ZACH IS WALKING DOWN THE ALLEY WHEN HE NOTICES A MAN AT THE END WAITING FOR HIM. HE STOPS SUDDENLY CONCERNED THAT HE WILL BE ROBBED AND TRIES TO GO THE OTHER WAY WHEN HE BUMPS INTO A BIG GUY.

BIG GUY

HEY BUD. WATCH WHERE YA GOIN’

(ZACH SMILES)​

(WE ONLY HEAR THE SOUNDS OF THE SCUFFLE AS WE SEE AN OVERHEAD SHOT OF THE CITY)

INT TREY’S APARTMENT
TREY AND ZACH SITTING AND DRINKING BEER

TREY
DO YOU REMEMBER BECKY? DUDE THAT GIRL WAS TROUBLE, I KNEW IT FROM THE FIRST TIME I GOT PAID AND SHE TOOK HALF!
(BOTH LAUGH)

ZACH
YEAH. SHE WAS A BIT CRAZY

(ZACH GETS UP AND WALKS TOWARD FRIDGE)

ZACH
BUT SHE WAS SUPER HOT THOUGH

TREY
HA YEAH. HOT AND DANGEROUS

(ZACH LOOKING IN FRIDGE, THEN AT BRUISED KNUCKLES)

ZACH
SPEAKING OF DANGEROUS. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MOVE OUT OF THIS CRAPPY NEIGHBORHOOD?

(ZACH LOOKS IN MOSTLY EMPTY FRIDGE)

ZACH
AND MAKE SOME MONEY SO YOU CAN PUT SOMETHING OTHER THAN BEER IN YOUR FRIDGE

TREY
ACTUALLY EVEN IF I HAD MONEY THERE WOULD STILL ONLY BE BEER IN THE FRIDGE. JUST A LOT MORE OF IT.

(ZACH HANDS TREY A BEER)

ZACH
SERIOUSLY THOUGH, IT’S BEEN WHAT? TWO YEARS AT THIS TECH COMPANY AND YOU’RE STILL SCRAPING BY. YOU GOTTA MAKE A CHANGE.

TREY
ALRIGHT FIRST OF ALL YOU’RE NOT MY DAD, SO STOP TALKING LIKE HIM. AND SECONDLY, I’M ABOUT TO CLOSE A HUGE DEAL FOR A LOT OF MONEY.

ZACH

WAIT, WHAT?

TREY
OK, I WASN’T GOING TO TELL YOU THIS, BUT I MET THIS GUY NICK AT A COUPLE OF JOINT CONFERENCES AND HE’S A PRETTY HIGH UP GUY WITH TECHNET, AND HE HAS SOME GOOD CONNECTIONS.

ZACH
WHY WOULDN’T YOU WANT TO TELL ME THAT? THAT’S AWESOME, SO HE OFFERED YOU A JOB?

TREY
WELL NOT EXACTLY

ZACH
WHAT THEN?

TREY
WELL, HE SAID HE WOULD PAY ME 50 GRAND TO COPY SOME FILES FROM MY WORK

ZACH
ARE YOU INSANE? YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT STEALING PRIVATE DATA FROM THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR.
TREY
YOU KNOW, IT’S NOT LIKE THEY’VE DONE ME ANY FAVORS

(TREY WALKS OVER TO ZACH’S CHAIR AND GRABS HIS COAT, WALKS BACK UP TO ZACH

TREY
BUT HEY, THANKS FOR STOPPING BY

(TREY HANDS ZACH HIS COAT AND WALKS BACK TO HIS CHAIR)

ZACH
COME ON TREY I’M JUS-

TREY
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ZACH

(ZACH NODS)​

EXT. SIDEWALK NIGHT
ZACH SITS IN HIS CAR WATCHING TREY LEAVING HIS APARTMENT AND WALKING DOWN THE SIDEWALK, AFTER TREY TURNS, ZACH FOLLOWS IN HIS CAR.

(SOME DRIVING SHOTS SHOWING ZACH FOLLOWING TREY)​

EXT. OFFICE BUILDING NIGHT
ZACH SITTING IN HIS CAR STAKEING OUT TREYS OFFICE WAITING FOR HIM TO COME OUT. MULTIPLE SHOTS SHOWING HIM DOING DIFFERENT THINGS. PLAYING ON HIS PHONE, SINGING WITH THE RADIO, PLAYING ON THE DASH, DRIKNING COFFEE ETC.

(ZACH YAWNS, THEN NOTICES SOMETHING AND BOLTS UPRIGHT)
THERE IS A MEAN LOOKING GUY THAT APPEARS TO BE CHECKING OUT THE OFFICE BUILDING AND WAITING FOR SOMETHING.

ZACH
(TALKING TO HIMSELF)
WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?​

TREY EXITS OFFICE BUILDING, MEAN LOOKING GUY NOTICES HIM AND STARTS MOVING TOWARDS TREY. ZACH SEES THIS FROM THE CAR, AND PUTS THE CAR IN GEAR.

ZACH
SHIT​

MEAN LOOKING GUY CLOSES IN ON TREY, BUT ZACH PULLS UP AND OPENS THE DOOR BEFORE MEAN LOOKING GUY CAN REACH HIM.

ZACH
GET IN!​

TREY GETS INTO THE CAR QUICKLY AND THE CAR PULLS AWAY, THE MEAN LOOKING GUYS APPEARS TO BE PULLING SOMETHING OUT OF HIS JACKET

EXT. REMOTE LOCATION BY RIVER (NIGHT)

TREY SITTING ON THE HOOD OF THE CAR WHILE ZACH PACES

ZACH
THAT COULD HAVE BEEN BAD MAN

TREY
DUDE, SERIOUSLY RELAX

ZACH
THAT GUY WAS GONNA

TREY
GONNA WHAT EXACTLY?

(TREY JUMPS OFF HOOD)

YOU ALWAYS OVERREACT, EVERY SITUATION, YOU ALWAYS EXPECT THE WORST

ZACH
I JUST SEE THINGS HAPPENING

TREY
NO, YOU JUST THINK YOU SEE STUFF, YOU HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL. I MEAN JESUS ZACH, YOU WERE SPYING ON ME, FOLLOWING ME AROUND, KEEPING TABS ON-

ZACH
IT’S NOT LIKE THAT. THIS WHOLE THING, YOU HAVE TO ADMIT IT RAISES A LOT OF RED FLAGS.

TREY
LOOK MAN, RIGHT HERE IN MY HAND, I’M HOLDING 50 GRAND.

ZACH
AND JUST HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO RISK FOR IT?

TREY
HONESTLY. I’VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE

ZACH
I’VE HEARD THAT WE ARE DEFINED BY OUR ACTIONS, BUT I’VE ALWAYS BELIEVED THAT, GOOD, BAD, EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN, THAT STUFF IS PREDETERMINED

TREY
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

ZACH
IS THIS WHO YOU ARE?

TREY
COME ON ZACH, IT’S NOT LIKE I’M A BAD GUY. THIS IS A VICTIMLESS CRIME, ONE MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY ROBBING ANOTHER, THIS ISN’T EVEN GOING TO HURT THEM.

ZACH
IF YOU ARE DEAD SET ON THIS, THEN I’M COMING WITH YOU.​

EXT. OFFICE BUILDING (DAY)

ZACH AND TREY SITTING IN CAR

ZACH

ALRIGHT, I’LL KEEP ON AN EYE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING. REMEMBER I’LL BE ABLE TO HEAR YOU, BUT YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO HEAR ME. IF ANYTHING GOES SIDEWAYS, I’LL MOVE IN.

TREY
I’VE THINK YOU’VE GONE A LITTLE OVERBOARD

ZACH
I HOPE YOU’RE RIGHT
(TREY OPENS THE DOOR)

ZACH
HEY. DON’T FORGET WHO YOU ARE​
INT. OFFICE BUILDING
NICK SITTING AT DESK, TREY WALKS IN

TREY
HEY NICK

NICK
TREY YOU NEED TO GET A NEW WATCH, YOU’RE THREE HOURS LATE

TREY
ACTUALLY I’M TWO HOURS LATE, I’VE BEEN IN YOUR WAITING ROOM FOR THE LAST HOUR, NICE SPREAD BY THE WAY, YOU COULD PROBABLY USE MORE MAGAZINES THOUGH.

NICK
WELL LET’S NOT WASTE ANY MORE OF EACH OTHERS TIME THEN. DO YOU HAVE THE FILES?

TREY
DO YOU HAVE THE CASH?

NICK
ARE YOU ASKING ME IF I HAVE 50 THOUSAND DOLLARS ON ME?

TREY
I THOUGHT

NICK
I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS GONNA HAPPEN, LIKE THAT YOU WERE GOING TO WALK IN HERE, THAT WE WERE GOING TO DO AN OLD WEST ‘AT THE SAME TIME’ TYPE OF THING. COME ON KID, WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD WHERE WITHDRAWING 50 K OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT AND PUTTING IT IN YOURS IS HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS AND NOT TO MENTION EASILY TRACKED. LOOK, IT’S SIMPLE. I WILL REVIEW THE FILES, IF I LIKE WHAT I SEE. I WILL TRANSFER MONEY FROM ONE OF MY OFFSHORE ACCOUNTS INTO ANOTHER ONE OF MY OFFSHORE ACCOUNTS.
(HANDS TREY A SLIP OF PAPER WITH ACCOUNT NUMBER ON IT)
THIS IS THE ACCOUNT NUMBER, AND ON THE BACK IS ALL THE OTHER ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

TREY
HOW ABOUT THIS WORD. SKETCHY. SAY I GIVE YOU THE FILES AND YOU DON’T EVER PAY ME THE MONEY. IT’S NOT LIKE I CAN JUST GO TO THE COPS.

NICK
LOOK TREY, WE’RE BOTH IN A SITUATION WHERE WE HAVE TO TRUST EACH OTHER, YOU COULD SCREW ME OVER JUST AS WELL. LIKE IF YOU’RE WEARING A WIRE. BOTTOM LINE, I HAVE TO TRUST THAT YOU ARE THE MAN YOU SAY YOU ARE AND YOU HAVE TO TRUST THAT I AM THE MAN I SAY I AM.

(PREVIOUS SCENE WHERE ZACH ASKS TREY WHAT TYPE OF MAN HE IS PLAYS)

TREY
NICK I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT YOU ARE THE MAN YOU SAY YOU ARE
(NICK SMILES)

TREY
I GOT SO CAUGHT UP IN THE MONEY, THAT I ALMOST DID AN INCREDIBLY STUPID THING. I’M WALKING NICK, I WANT THE MONEY, DON’T GET ME WRONG, I WANT IT MORE THAN ANYTHING. BUT IF I CROSS THAT LINE, THERE IS NO GOING BACK.

(QUICK SHOT OF ZACH IN THE CAR LISTENING AND SMILING AND FIST PUMPING)

NICK
YOU ARE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE

TREY
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, YOU’RE RIGHT. THIS IS A 50 THOUSAND DOLLAR MISTAKE, AND I DON’T CARE. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THIS WHOLE THING, BUT THIS JUST NOT WHO I AM.​

EXT. BACK BY RIVER (DAY)

ZACH
I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WALKED AWAY FROM 50 GRAND

TREY
YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN’T BELIEVE? THAT I EVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE

(TREY GETS UP OFF CAR HOOD)

TREY
IT’S CRAZY TO THINK THAT LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO WE WERE RIGHT HERE HAVING A VERY DIFFERENT CONVERSATION.
(ZACH WALKS TOWARDS TREY)

ZACH
SO WHAT’S CHANGED?

TREY
I DON’T KNOW DUDE, I’M JUST ONE DAY OLDER I GUESS

(ZACH SMILES AND WALKS BACK TO CAR)

ZACH
YOU WANNA GRAB A BEER?

TREY
ABSOLUTELY

(TREY WALKS BACK TO CAR)

TREY