• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need Comments on Script

Greetings everyone,

I've gotten permission from the scriptwriter I am working with to have the script reviewed by others. I need some people who are interested in providing feedback on a full length feature script. I think the premise is absolutely great. Love it. The script has it's problems though I would love to hear others opinions!

I can email a copy to anyone who is interested...

Does Spade always talk in third person? Will Vincent thinks that's annoying...

Spade!
Lol, good one, Will. I know him- his name's Chris and he's in my video production class. I was logged on here in class and he found out about this place. And no, he doesn't......always...

Ok, Sorry for the delay:

Things have been going both well and slowly. We've been working on rewriting the script for a while now. It's gone through plenty of changes and we continue to find ways to improve it more. We're going to seek funding this summer after we are 100% happy with the script. I have several good leads on this luckily and I am fairly sure funding can be acquired.

I want to shoot on HD. Perhaps with the New panasonic camera that will be announced at NAB this year (see this thread: ).

It's a movie that will be pretty heavy on SFX so I've been looking into various options. I have After Effects 6.5 Pro as of now and I may stick with that. It's a great program.

For keying I'm thinking of going with Ultimatte AdvantEdge - arguably the best software keying solution ever created.

Shooting, if we find the funding we need, would probably begin next spring at the earliest. It will take a while to work through pre-production.

In the meantime I've been busying myself with several short scripts. I plan on shooting these this spring. I've tried to gear them towards aspects that will be included in this feature so I can test some things out before heavily entering pre-production.

I'll be sure to post these on Indietalk when complete :). So far the only thing I have posted was my crappy (really crappy) snow footage.

Wow Shaw, it sounds like you're making nice progress on 'Roman's Game'.

I want to shoot on HD. Perhaps with the New panasonic camera that will be announced at NAB this year (see this thread: ).

Read your other thread about this camera, very nice.

In the meantime I've been busying myself with several short scripts. I plan on shooting these this spring.

Don't forget that once you complete these shorts, you can use them in grants applications. Just another option beside the commercial venture. Sometimes these non-profits even fund capital costs (perhaps even that new panasonic, hmmmm?:)).

I'll be sure to post these on Indietalk when complete

Looking forward to them!

Back