Arnold wants to return as the Legend of Conan.

Arnie will play the aging King Conan, which would suit him, but I don't know if that would appeal to sword-and-sorcery fans, because their fantasy is of a relatively young warrior having adventures where he kills the bad guys and has fun with babes.

This has been in development for two years, and no director has been assigned, which could mean it will stay in development hell. That would be bad for the aging Governator, because time is not on his side.

I'm going to keep a watch on this. I'm also curios to see what he is going to do with the rest of his life, because he is active and mentally alert, so he will want to continue to do something.

Arnie will play the aging King Conan, which would suit him, but I don't know if that would appeal to sword-and-sorcery fans, because their fantasy is of a relatively young warrior having adventures where he kills the bad guys and has fun with babes.

The crowd I run with is pretty excited about this. It doesn't matter if he's older. The many many many Conan books & stories cover his entire fictional career, from a young pup to an old king barely able to move on his throne. It has potential for epicness.

It can't be any worse than that recent attempt at a reboot a few years back, at any rate. :bag:

This has been in development hell for a lot longer than two years...there were discussions of doing a King Conan movie before Arnie got into politics. Since he got out, this is the project I've been looking forward to the most. I'm a fantasy junky, so I will of course go see it. And unlike in the early 80s, Arnie can act these days, so depending on the director, this could be really awesome!

Obviously I have no problem with an old Conan. As Zensteve, says, old Conan is part of the mythology ("King by his own hand"). It's a shame about the reboot; Jason Momoa was great (way better than Arnie)....it's a shame the rest of the movie kinda sucked. And not bad enough to be as entertaining as the director's prior movie, Pathfinder. As I've often said, remakes are not inherently bad, they just seem to usually be done by bad people.

Back