Digital movie distribution

It's been a few years since I researched digital movie distribution into iTune and Amazon stores. Do you still have to pay about $750 to get your movie listed?

And what percentage of NetFlicks rentals are digital these days (versus DVD's sent in the mail)?

It's more these days for iTunes. You have to go through particular companies who QA your film, of which most are charging $2k range.

I don't think Amazon charges anymore.

I've heard that Netflix buys maybe 10 DVD's, if that. Not really a factor worth worrying about anymore.

Someone correct me if they have more accurate information.

It's more these days for iTunes. You have to go through particular companies who QA your film, of which most are charging $2k range.

I don't think Amazon charges anymore.

I've heard that Netflix buys maybe 10 DVD's, if that. Not really a factor worth worrying about anymore.

Someone correct me if they have more accurate information.

Amazon doesn't charge to digitize your movie for their "instant video" store? Do they accept movies from indie filmmakers? Or do they just refer them to CreateSpace?

It's all through CreateSpace now. At least for the little guys. That's my understanding of it.
But with create space don't they just burn DVD's for you (instead of you doing the manufacturing and shipping DVD's to Amazon)? Create Space isn't digital on-demand distribution is it?

I believe it is part of their digital distribution. Why not go to create space to find out?

The DVD part of CreateSpace is their biggest draw, on top of that, access to their customer base (though at a high percentage wise cost to you - and I understand they don't really drive traffic to you) and an higher profit potential if you're willing to drive your own traffic.

Back