12mm budget lens for GH3?

Are there any lenses that cover the 12mm and lower focal range (prime or zoom) that can be bought for less than 500$? The only one I know of is the Rokinon 12mm for m43. I really like the look of the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 on landscapes on a APS-C sensor, I guess an equivalent would be an 8-12mm range.

You can include non M43 lenses (except the newer Canon EF lenses). Nikon G lenses would work too, I don't know any good inexpensive Nikon G to m43 adapters.

Last edited:
If you can find the canon ef mount tokina 11-16 for $400 or under, add to that a $100 roxsen focal reducer (see ebay). Of course, it's not a manual aperture, so you'd need to adjust aperture with another camera.

If you can find the canon ef mount tokina 11-16 for $400 or under, add to that a $100 roxsen focal reducer (see ebay). Of course, it's not a manual aperture, so you'd need to adjust aperture with another camera.

Thanks Will,

I was already thinking about the Tokina, but I don't want to spend the money on a 100$ focal reducer to end up needing another camera to adjust. I will probably move onto the Metabones Speedbooster for Nikon at some point instead and get some Nikon mount lenses.

Hi dgwow123 - If you don't mind buying the non-cine version, and can stretch your budget by a few dollars, the Rokinon 10mm f2.8 is $527CDN at Amazon Canada.

The only native zoom in your price range is the $389CDN Panasonic 12-32mm f3.5-5.6, a beautiful little lens designed for the GM1 - but shooters are getting nice results with it on other Panasonic cameras, to include the GX7:

http://vimeo.com/98029416

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Thanks Bill, I did not know about the 12-32 f3.5, it looks like a pretty nice lens for the price, although I hear it has no manual focus ring. How does it compare to the 14-140 f3.5?

Back