"Trunk Fiction" in ze can

and the performance of the roll fell short for me.

It's a "still life", not "performance art".

I think its interpretation of a bowl of fruit is most unique.

Do you have a projector to see what it looks like now?

No, but I'll nick Dament's one.

I want to get it 'cined before viewing though, as I heard that dust & scratches will get caught up on the very first projector run. :yes:

does the fact that I get all tingly inside when I see a 200 ft reel of film mean that there is something wrong with me?

Err... :seeya:

How much did it end up costing you?

The processing of 4 cartridges was $9 apiece. (Was $40 total, including shipping back) They "prepped" it for telecine at no charge, threw it all one one big reel and it's ready for the (super-freakin' expensive) rank transfer to DV :)

Last edited:
Very cool :). Looking forward to seeing the finished results! How much does a low end transfer for 8mm usually cost anyway? I've not delt with the format much.

You can get a lowest-end transfer by projecting the film against a wall and filming it with your camcorder
smiley_pac.gif

For the film I do after this, I'll be sending it to the guy I rent equipment off who recently picked up a Video Workprinter. He's charging 30 cents per foot. (That's $15 per processed roll).

It's nowhere near as good as rank telecine... but it's a lot cheaper.

Here's how much the rank is, at Yale Film & Video :(

Now new and improved post, with some thumbnailed stills!

I could definitely have picked a better time to film it, it appears. Many of the shadows fall on the subjects... practise and learn, I say!

Zen, those caps are AWESOME!!! I love the look of film! :D
I think the shadows are ok, and they didn't distract me. I think it gives your image some "meaning" and that it just wasn't shot with flat light. More of a rounded image.

But these are just to cool!!! Looks like yale did a really good job. Can't wait to see this thing together. Good luck cutting now.
icon_cool.gif

Shadows are good, yes.

I think you'll understand what I mean when I upload the finished cut, though. It was shot out of sequence, with a mid-day sun that shifted shadows from one side to the other... and a few other things like that. :)

I learned a lot about wild lighting, for sure. :yes:

Back