Obtaining your own soundtrack

Currently I'm working on a Left 4 Dead zombie short film and I thought it'd stand out if it had its own custom soundtrack. Because If I use music that other people have heard before then they may be thinking about where they've heard it instead of focusing on the movie.

Anyway, my question is how would you go out to obtain a soundtrack. Do you know of any good sites where there are people with experience who are willing to do this? From a fellow filmmaker's opinion, where is a good place to look for a music composer who will do free/cheap work? I am willing to pay them, but I'm looking for kind of an unrecognized composer who, if they create me a soundtrack, I will expose them in the credits of my movie.

Thanks

There are hundreds of composers looking for experience who will compose for credit only. You can start with the usual suspects like Mandy and CraigsList, but I've found that composers forums are a great resource as is MySpace and FaceBook.

There are hundreds of composers looking for experience who will compose for credit only. You can start with the usual suspects like Mandy and CraigsList, but I've found that composers forums are a great resource as is MySpace and FaceBook.

Thanks for your response, any particular composer forums you would recommend?

I would also suggest indietalk.com

Many composers are looking for filmmakers there.

Total Composure, I checked out your site and contacted you.

Any other composers out there interested?

Any recommendations?

Did you check out the link I sent you? I reckon you'll find someone there.

IDK if you got my pm, but anyway the site i made an account and posted but the admin there did not approve my post, and I have tried multiple times and now I am angry that I wasted my time

Back