NdGT Weighs In on Batman v Supeman

the mistake creators made with the Superman character was to give him the ability to Time Travel which means he can go into the future and see his fate or go back into the past and alter his fate which is why Batman could never defeat Superman

Superman endowed with the ability to end Hunger and War but yet opt to only use those abilities to save Lois Lane or fight the likes of Batman is why the guy seems less like a Superhero but more like a Super horny Sociopath,

these types of absurdities that take place in those Superman movies is why I've stopped watching Superman movies long ago

the mistake creators made with the Superman character was to give him the ability to Time Travel which means he can go into the future and see his fate or go back into the past and alter his fate which is why Batman could never defeat Superman

Superman endowed with the ability to end Hunger and War but yet opt to only use those abilities to save Lois Lane or fight the likes of Batman is why the guy seems less like a Superhero but more like a Super horny Sociopath,

these types of absurdities that take place in those Superman movies is why I've stopped watching Superman movies long ago

Well this a very interesting observation.

It reminds me of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, of which I was once a very avid fan. Okay, I still am somewhat, but not as much as I once was.

The point is, the MC, Lestat, is pretty much like Superman without the moral hang-ups, at least in the early books. In the books he decides he wants to be a saint (a good guy). Okay. Well, for starters, it would be easy for him to float across the Atlantic and wipe out Al-queda, the Taliban, ISIL, and whoever in one freakin' night. Seriously. It would be no problem for him.

So why doesn't he?

Let me tell ya, I would if I were he.

The fact that he doesn't strains credulity.

Hunger? I don't see how that would be an insurmountable problem for Lestat either.

So yeah.

But I also get that we don't really want to buy tickets to a movie about Superman kicking Taliban or Wall Street ass. We want to see him beating up that bitch, Batman.

:cool:

Last edited:
Well this a very interesting observation.

It reminds me of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, of which I was once a very avid fan. Okay, I still am somewhat, but not as much as I once was.

Anne Rice is also guilty of presenting absurdities, Vampires were suppose to be the Undead, humans that died and lack souls but roamed beyond the grave, but Anne Rice made them alive by giving them souls and the ability to fall in Love and because of this Vampirism is no longer classified as being those of the Undead but now classified as being a disease or an addiction that can be cured (the movie Blade)...vampires can now birth babies ( the movie Twilight) and now even shoot guns (the movie Underworld) ...

would one rather get shot by a vampire or bitten by one..to ponder that question is why vampires are no longer scary, remembrance of a time when Parents didn't have to worry about their kids being home before the street lights came on and everyone carried a cross ..or a stake

The point is, the MC, Lestat, is pretty much like Superman without the moral hang-ups, at least in the early books. In the books he decides he wants to be a saint (a good guy). Okay. Well, for starters, it would be easy for him to float across the Atlantic and wipe out Al-queda, the Taliban, ISIL, and whoever in one freakin' night. Seriously. It would be no problem for him.

So why doesn't he?

Let me tell ya, I would if I were he.

The fact that he doesn't strains credulity.

since we are referring to an Anne Rice vampire character and therefore Love, maybe if the Taliban killed Lestat's lover Lestat would vow to only feast on the blood of the Taliban until they all vanquished ...

Hunger? I don't see how that would be an insurmountable problem for Lestat either.
I don't see how a vampire could stop World Hunger like Superman could, unless Lestat started manufacturing the humans he bites or kill into "Soylent Green"

So yeah.

But I also get that we don't really want to buy tickets to a movie about Superman kicking Taliban or Wall Street ass. We want to see him beating up that bitch, Batman.

:cool:

tickets were bought to watch Iron Man fight the taliban and wall street, but as the guy in the video expressed perhaps the fight should have been between Ironman and Batman, but I guess due to copyright laws that match could have only taken place in court

Anne Rice is also guilty of presenting absurdities, Vampires were suppose to be the Undead, humans that died and lack souls but roamed beyond the grave, but Anne Rice made them alive by giving them souls and the ability to fall in Love and because of this Vampirism is no longer classified as being those of the Undead but now classified as being a disease or an addiction that can be cured (the movie Blade)...vampires can now birth babies ( the movie Twilight) and now even shoot guns (the movie Underworld) ...

would one rather get shot by a vampire or bitten by one..to ponder that question is why vampires are no longer scary, remembrance of a time when Parents didn't have to worry about their kids being home before the street lights came on and everyone carried a cross ..or a stake

All good points. Especially about vampires having babies, (Blade, Twilight, Underworld...). I am sympathetic to folks who wish vampires would be scary again. I suppose either you like the not-so-scary vampires, or you don't. I just happen to be in the former camp. I wouldn't mind some scary ones either, though. I did rent a film that tries to make them scary again. It was okay-ish, but I didn't stick with it to the end though. Maybe someday I'll see the whole thing and like it more too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKsceLZu_wg

since we are referring to an Anne Rice vampire character and therefore Love, maybe if the Taliban killed Lestat's lover Lestat would vow to only feast on the blood of the Taliban until they all vanquished ...

You may have a point there. :P

I don't see how a vampire could stop World Hunger like Superman could, unless Lestat started manufacturing the humans he bites or kill into "Soylent Green"

I'm not sure what your idea is on how Superman could end world hunger. Without knowing any better ones, I was imagining that the only way Superman could end it would be to force those with food to give it to those who are hungry, which would involve some kind of violence or coercion. Or, he could steal the food from those who have it and give it those who are hungry. One of the ways he might achieve either of those is by making himself King of the World, which he could do, and rule with an iron fist. Because Lestat is really a god character like Superman, I supposed Lestat could do the same things. That Lestat is a god character might not be very clear in the films, but it is clear in the later books. †

tickets were bought to watch Iron Man fight the taliban and wall street, but as the guy in the video expressed perhaps the fight should have been between Ironman and Batman, but I guess due to copyright laws that match could have only taken place in court

Good points. Though, just speaking for myself, those parts would probably be the least interesting parts of any such film. Fighting Iron Man would no doubt be the most entertaining.

:)

Lestat being a god character depends on something though. I think he needs (or at least it would be helpful if) he can use his telekinetic and pyrokinetic powers on the world around him in general. I always took that to be the case and that he and the other god-like vampires could do so. However, I sort of got the impression from Rice's last book that what she intends is that they can only use them on other vampires. If that were the case, it would be really lame, and I would find it more difficult to maintain interest in her writing. It's been a long while since I read Queen of the Damned or watched the film adaptation. But if memory serves, Akasha killed scores of humans along with scores of vampires. And I'm sure she did so using the powers mentioned, at least in part. That's the premise I like and am going by, anyway. That's why I say, if a vampire (in the Vampire Chronicles canon) like Lestat wanted to take out ISIL in one night, literally, he could do so...much like Superman could do so --if doing such things were in Superman's nature. Whatever Rice intended or intends now (she's changed over the years and always seems to be trying to reshape her vampire characters to fit her current convictions...understandable, I guess), I think it's canon to say Akasha could have done so. And if she could have done so, then Lestat, post-Akasha, or at least in later books, could surely do so as well.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your idea is on how Superman could end world hunger.
Superman could accomplish feats that Vampire Lestat would find impossible

Superman could plant crops at Super speed over vast regions, bring water where none existed, processing this food would end world hunger and world unemployment

in case he didn't want to upset the delicate balance of the Earth Superman could place an atmosphere on the Moon and turn the entire surface into a Garden of Eden growing every species of edible plant and animal life and could even supply the technology to shuttle back and forth

he could give everyone their own Garden of Eden Planet with 3D interaction Universe internet, it would end crime, hunger, racism, capitalism and War, but instead of doing this he rather work at the Daily Planet sniff around Lois Lane and fight Batman ..which is his Right to do which in turn supplies the reasons why I stop watching Superman movies

Back