• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Business proposition to filmmakers

Mr. directorik
ma man, I'm a simple and logical man, my comprehension of persons is exceptional...

that being said, the implicit logic here is that you want me to give you my "best script". My best in what genre? what price range? what budget?

it's like coming to a lot and say, "i want the best car." do you want an expensive porsche or lower priced jaguar? you consider the look, engine size and your pocket.

I don't want to send you a $500 g's budget when you want to work with $100 g's, or send you a horror when you want a romance. you see my stall?

give me your email and describe your "dark chocolate" script, because if you don't describe it, i might as well close my eyes and pick any. best case...you can afford it and produce it and be on the charts. worst case...you don't like it, you find one that you like somewhere, right?

so, you want hersheys kisses...haha or hersheys symphony. do you want a jaguar that you can afford to make a down payment on and insurance and subsequent payments, or do you want a porsche that you can make a down payment on, but then you can't make subsequent payments and insurance, then it's finally repo'ed?

I apologize for my cut-to-the-chase, straight shot form, no disrespek brother. I hope we can still interract. it is civil after all...formulae may be different, but they can give the same answer.

SKZ

VPTurner

thanks for the memo dawg, I knew it and i didn't doubt him, i was just looking for specifics. thanks for looking anyway, appreciated.

SKZ

I'm still looking for a filmmaker to partner with, a bidnes venture. No hijackers, no fooling around...only serious minds, driven to succeed. You don't have to be the best filmmaker yet. believe me you'd get there if we partnered, otherwise you'd feel awful for ruining a perfect script...haha. holla...

I'm still looking for a filmmaker to partner with, a bidnes venture. No hijackers, no fooling around...only serious minds, driven to succeed. You don't have to be the best filmmaker yet. believe me you'd get there if we partnered, otherwise you'd feel awful for ruining a perfect script...haha. holla...

You found one and he already told you what he was after:

directorik said:
I'm looking for an excellent high school comedy. "American Graffiti", "Fast Times"
good. A script that will attract the top young talent of today, something that will
make them want to sign on based on the excellent writing, hysterical scenes and
iconic characters.

I'm looking for then next big idea in horror. Something that will change the direction
of the genre the way "Night of the Living Dead" did in the late 60's - the way
"Halloween" and "Texas Chainsaw" did in the 1970's - the way "A Nightmare on Elm
Street" and "Friday the 13th" did in the 80's and the way "Saw" did more recently.

VPTurner

thanks for the update playa.

three months ago, directorik posted that quoted response to my add... so then...

I relayed that at the time I had "action" not horror. so he mentioned that he preferred horror, he had an action he was currently working on. I suggested to write a fresh"horror" for him sighting that, though i enjoy writing action, horror would be no hill, after all, horror has action, he didn't respond to my suggestion.

He proceeded to ask me what my best script was and what genre it was, i stated "I have an action", which at the time an agent was checking out, which was my latest work. directorik persisted on the same question, "what script shows your best work? what category is it?" again i repeated my previous response, i even gave the title. The first 21 posts in this thread are just that.

So....

teaming up means...you ask me for a specific type of script, if I have it, i give it to you. if i don't, i ask you to give me a few days to write it, you say, "i give you two weeks", I say, "thank you, that's plenty time". In the meantime, you enjoy reading one of my finished scripts, different genre, but that's okay, you're just tasting the goods, right?

I write, I give you a finished product. you either like it or throw it at my face...nah, I'm playing...haha.

Anyway, that's what it is. I supply you with the best scripted ideas of any genre or budget. if i don't have it ask me to write it. you're happy, you make me happy....So, let's simplify things gentlemen. I like you guys, let's do this...i hope this was implicit.

kindly
SKZ

Well, then, why don't you pitch him a horror story idea or a teen antics flick? If he likes it, write a draft. If not, pitch another. Keep pitching until you find a winner, then write that one.

Meantime, a writing sample showing your work at its best (even if it's a love story) would give him an idea of your voice, style, level of experience, etc. Most spec scripts never sell, but they do open the doors to writing scripts that do. If you build enough of a reputation where you can actually take that pitch and turn it into a workable draft, then you can go to a pitch session and walk away with a check to go write the draft. Until then, you write the draft on spec. And if they don't like it, you have something else in your bucket to show other potential buyers. If they like enough of it, this is where you show you can take direction. Listen to the comments. Some producers may already have attachments looking for the right story. If you can tailor it to their attachments based on feedback after the draft, congratulations. You've just taken a major step towards becoming a produced screenwriter.

Last edited:
VPTurner

Thanks for the insight...fortunately or unfortunately, that is what I've been trying to initiate. I had wanted to send him that script that I sent to you...by-the-way, I hope you enjoyed it, let me know...but my request to do that was never reciprocated. In the meantime I would draft him something that I think he would like.

Even though this avenue sounds more like "hollywood style", I'm willing to go with it because, in this forum, unlike hollywood, there's a better chance of production of specs, even if it's a smaller scale. In hollywood you have to make friends, and then pitch, which now, i'm about a step and half to accomplishing after two years. I'm about to pitch a sci-fi blockbuster.

In any case, here, you pitch and then make friends, avoiding the politics. which at times you can't avoid.

so, I'm willing to send that one I sent you, and in two days present him a quick, low budget, but interesting draft.

well, thanks again for the input dawg.

You have to make friends in the independent world, too. ;) Hollywood style or not, you want to avoid anything that screams "amateur". Many independents also have a foot in the Hollywood system and as such they expect the same level of professionalism with whom they choose to do business.

One other tidbit, when sending scripts it's best to send them in PDF format so they are universally readable without the need to download converters.

And you're welcome. Peace out.

VPTurner

I intend to make friends ma man, I do. The quality of the friendship is what I value most, and that comes from somebody appreciating my work for its quality and professionalism, the reverse applies too, but not me kissing ass to make friends, who will then produce my scripts.

With the format...ma bad dawg...haha. I must have quickly clicked a different format to send, I always send pdf. I just save in multiple different formats for back ups. I can still send you a pdf if you still prefer.

On the flip, ma doppler is picking a vibe like you want me to really succeed...ain't nothing wrong with that...if I'm not trippin, then good looking bra, holla if I can assist you in anyway.

SKZ

I can't believe you guys are still listening to SKZ. Obviously he has nothing and if he possessed material of the quality he says he does he would not still be beseeching an online forum for business deals. Not to mention the fact this great writer expresses himself as is he were a teenager. Anyone that is talented and serious about a business venture will be out in the real world meeting people face to face. I would stop wasting your time and take a minute to think and act logically. Those are my thoughts from stumbling upon this discussion.

R3VOLUTIONARY

Well...I'm going to wait to reply to this so that if there's any other pyschics like you who wish to vent out can do so...In the meantime, I'll go have some gin and juice. But, while I do that, consider taking on a new nickname..."IDIOT".

Thank you kindly.
SKZ

I can't believe you guys are still listening to SKZ. Obviously he has nothing and if he possessed material of the quality he says he does he would not still be beseeching an online forum for business deals. Not to mention the fact this great writer expresses himself as is he were a teenager. Anyone that is talented and serious about a business venture will be out in the real world meeting people face to face. I would stop wasting your time and take a minute to think and act logically. Those are my thoughts from stumbling upon this discussion.

Because of the entertainment value, but alas, it has gotten boring reading the same "sales pitch". Couldn't agree more with your Thread though.

A teenager? huh. I haven't been one in so many years. I guess being a black man and using a friendly tone prequalifies one to be a teenager. Maybe I should try and present myself as a "sophisticated literate" and use big words, but then I'd be a nineteen year old freshman trying to impress my college professor. And, your implication that indie isn't the real world is true, but that's because of clowns and morons like you who make it a joke and a mockery by picking on anybody you know absolutely nothing about. In the "real world", I'm currently editing a script that my agent is going to be pitching in 53 days from today while you amuse yourself by speculating from responses from other incoherent stoners like yourself who divert from the subject and use the word "logic" illogically.

By doing so, you entertain spineless, vagrant comedy-seekers like EvsFX08 who will laugh at their own inadequate privates while they publicly claim otherwise. So, quit stumbling onto threads and do something with your life, start by fixing your grammar. Oh...and that kid, MacV, he's just trying to convince himself that he's not a wigga, a wannabe for that matter. At home, he hangs with his friends saying "dude" all the time and then goes to school and tries to be "proper", acting like he hangs with Scorsese and drinks wine with prince Charles.

Kids, this forum is not a circus, don't make it one.

Now...Can I get a serious filmmaker please.

Last edited:
By doing so, you entertain spineless, vagrant comedy-seekers like EvsFX08 who will laugh at their own inadequate privates while they publicly claim otherwise. So, quit stumbling onto threads and do something with your life, start by fixing your grammar. Oh...and that kid, MacV, he's just trying to convince himself that he's not a wigga, a wannabe for that matter. At home, he hangs with his friends saying "dude" all the time and then goes to school and tries to be "proper", acting like he hangs with Scorsese and drinks wine with prince Charles.

Now...Can I get a serious filmmaker please.

Ok ,ok I get it everyone, SKZ is actually a genius. We've been asking to see his script, but he's been posting it all along in this Thread. The above quote is obviously dialogue from one of his "great" scripts, no one on this forum would be so brazenly disrespectful, right? So, in doing so, let me critique this "script" of his.

SKZ- To make it a little bit more entertaining and theatrical, you should have added a couple more derogatory adjectives when insulting me, for instance, you should have added .....balding, middle-aged, disgruntled, cuckolded, spineless, vagrant comedy-seekers..... now, see how I added a few more words to provide more of an impact and a better visual of a pathetic little suburban white man being accosted by a Thug? Now that's a good script right there.
And as for the insult to MacV, well, at least he's actually produced a decent film and welcomed critiques from us all, where is a sample of your work for us to critique?
You know, if you listened to those on this forum who have actually been in the film business such as VPTurner and Directorik and take their advice, you might be surprised at how successful you may become. My business took a drastic turn for the better after listening and asking questions to those who know a lot more than I do. If you put as much effort into a script as you do with your teenaged insults, disrespectful rhetoric, and empty promises of samples, I believe you may actually attract a serious filmmaker someday, not today, but someday. Keep working on it though, you'll get there. Unfortunately, this Thread has lost all value, time to move on. But, thank you again for the entertainment that you provided us-"ma' man". Peace out.

EvsFX08

Those who requested scripts from me, I have sent them samples. I will not mention them so I can avoid dragging them into this. And, I am aware of the success of the mentioned individuals. In any case, you win. This thread is ended.

If any filmmakers wish to do business or request a script, email me at streitkreyz@yahoo.com. I do appreciate those of you who have.

Last edited:
Back