Greetings from the Midwest!

Hi everyone! I am a writer currently working on my first (full-length feature) script. (I have written several "shorts"/sketches in the past for fun, but now I finally have a story I feel I can turn into something more and be proud of.)

One of the main reasons I decided to register and join this forum is because I live in a very small farm town and there is no film school/ film classes in my area. Most of my friends and people I know are all strictly "9-5" people with more "traditional" type jobs and lifestyles. And while I still care about and respect each of them deeply, I simply cannot connect or converse with them when it comes to creative pursuits like writing or filmmaking (none of them take those things seriously). So I am here to mingle amongst like-minded people (hopefully), and if possible, I'd love to connect with fellow filmmakers who are more knowledgeable and experienced I am!

If you live in the Midwest (and are a filmmaker or cinematography student), please feel free to reach out and connect with me! ( I literally feel completely on my own out here! You have no idea. :( )

And any fellow filmmakers who want to connect, converse, offer advice, etc. please don't hesitate to get in touch! Thank you to anyone reading this for listening to my ramblings! Hope to make some new friends here! :) Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Back