Hello everyone! New here, and new to film making, but I'm ready to start this!

Good morning Indie talkers! My name is Jamie Shay, and I am an aspiring Film maker from Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland area. As of right now I've watched probably 100+ episodes of Film Riot, and Indie Mogul just trying to understand what it takes to get all of this started. I've done 5 or so test shots with a few actors just trying to gain confidence in my film making, editing, and getting some of my actors used to being filmed. Right now I'm still trying to get the story written for my first film titled THE NIGHT RUN, and get the script written for when we start filming come spring. This film idea is going to take a lot of inspiration from the movie Drive including a retro new wave score, clothing, and cars from the 80's. I also want it to highlight locations in Chicago as well as Northwest Indiana. I have been taking a lot of inspiration from films like Heat, Goodfellas, John Wick, Road to Perdition, Pulp Fiction and even Mortal Kombat. I hope to get good feedback from you guys when it comes to this since I am so new on what should be done, or maybe work with a few of you on this project in the future!
As of right now my equipment includes
Canon T5i w/ magic lantern, and I have the stock STM lens, and Canon 75-300mm
Rode Videomic
GoPro Hero 4 Black
Manfrotto Action Tri pod
Adobe After Effects 6

I will post some of my test scenes I've done to give you an idea of the tonality I'm looking for. Thanks in advance! Here's a look at my poster I threw together.
Jamie,

Last edited:
I will add some test scenes later, and don't judge it's just test stuff! Lol, and thanks @walterb @weightonwheels

Last edited:
Back