Why do indie filmmakers usually stay away from true story films?

davidevans10 has MANY accounts, seems he creates a new one just to mess with people. BANNED!

I always hate to see someone banned - even this guy. Sweetie sure enjoyed
arguing with him. I enjoyed reading the arguments. He never made any sense
and he always resorted to simple name calling when he didn't know how to
make his point, but some (like Sweetie) loved to egg him on. But multiple accounts
seems like a good reason to get rid of him.

it was very confusing because I was talking to him on one account then he started attacking me on another.

He was warned for one already, tried a new one today. He had a few.

He never made any sense and he always resorted to simple name calling when he didn't know how to make his point, but some (like Sweetie) loved to egg him on.

In the end, it felt pretty much like hassling the local retard who cannot help but drool in the corner. Once you figure they can't handle the heat, you almost feel sorry for them. It doesn't take much time to see they brought it upon themselves when they insert foot into mouth once again.

davidevans10 has MANY accounts, seems he creates a new one just to mess with people.

Guess that's what you'd expect from them with too much time on their hands, angry at the world being forced to live in their mums basement.

Guess rik was right. Very therapeutic.

Is H44 the same person as DE10? They make about as much sense as each other.

I always hate to see someone banned - even this guy. Sweetie sure enjoyed
arguing with him. I enjoyed reading the arguments. He never made any sense
and he always resorted to simple name calling when he didn't know how to
make his point, but some (like Sweetie) loved to egg him on. But multiple accounts
seems like a good reason to get rid of him.

I'd have thought the anti-semitic remark would have done him in, if nothing else.

Do you think I should have been more heavy handed with him in my replies?
I've been to much darker places on the internet than this.

Fight_Club_0641.jpg

I wouldn't resort to the name calling but I certainly could have talked down to him.

I was watching Frost/Nixon and it occurred to me, that out of every indie film I've seen, which is a lot, I don't think any of them have been based on true stories, or true events.

I mean Hollywood and major studios release movies like this all the time but for some reason the indie circuit, almost always does not take any interest in them. I mean it would be difficult to make a historical movie like Lawrence of Arabia, Schindler's List, or JFK for example... But movies like Monster, The Blind Side, and Conviction for example, have stories that could be made on a low or perhaps even microbudget. Monster especially since the movie looks and plays like an indie film anyway. But after the true story of the woman from Monster ended in real life in 2002, the true story was immediately picked up by Hollywood, casting a well known celebrity actress in the role, who didn't even really look the part that much, and even though she is a great actress, they had to put so much make up on her, it just felt like a forced box office decision.

There was rumors of filmmakers being interested in making a movie, but they were just rumors without anything confirmed. However, I bet Hollywood would pick it up before the indie circuit would, if they would ever.

Why is that though? Why do indie filmmakers and indie film companies, have very little interest, of making movies based on true stories? I've never seen one, and I have seen quite a fair share, not just in theaters or on video, but also none on netflix, or the film festivals I have attended either.

Why is that? Why do indie filmmakers stay away from historical or biographical films that can be done on a low budget? Which is kind of shame since there a lot of great true stories out there.

This is a true story on kickstarter right now. ya it is seldom found.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104469096/the-fall-of-season-feature-film?ref=nav_search

Back