Development of an App for capturing Set data (survey)

Hi indietalk,
i need your help. Currently i am writing my thesis to complete my film study in Munich. With your help I aim to analyse the functionalities required for an app for documenting film set information. The app I am developing for my bachelor project targets the archiving of extensive impressions and information observed on set and is aimed to accompany you into post production. With this I hope to simplify the access to information required in post production, especially VFX.

I would appreciate it very much if you would like to participate in my survey:

http://goo.gl/forms/dDLWoCtyEX

The survey takes around 5 minutes to complete. Every filmmaker is welcomed to participate.

Thank you for your support :)

Greetings
David

Hi indietalk,
i need your help. Currently i am writing my thesis to complete my film study in Munich. With your help I aim to analyse the functionalities required for an app for documenting film set information. The app I am developing for my bachelor project targets the archiving of extensive impressions and information observed on set and is aimed to accompany you into post production. With this I hope to simplify the access to information required in post production, especially VFX.

I would appreciate it very much if you would like to participate in my survey:

http://goo.gl/forms/dDLWoCtyEX

The survey takes around 5 minutes to complete. Every filmmaker is welcomed to participate.

Thank you for your support :)

Greetings
David

It ready exist and Peter Jackson used it extensively on the set of King Kong

There are some possible solutions. If you use a highend camera, like the red, you already get the camera settings in a xml file. You could use lockit for timecode sync with an iPad and run PreLude Live Logger on it. Apparently this is technology not every filmmaker has access to.

Another solution is the iOS App "Setellite". It's designed for VFX-Supervisors and has a great set of features.

In extensive testing sessions, i found that every solution fails on some points, which causes you to get pen and paper to note things down. The app i developed is primary a replacement for the traditional takelist.

I am not quite sure which tool you thought of when mentioning Peter Jackson. King Kong implemented a lot of todays common techniques in the field of virtual production. To track camera movement (over time) and apply it in post to a 3D camera is not the aim of my app, neither would you write it down on a takelist ;)

If you are interested in the developed app, be sure to leave your email at the end of the survey or send me a message.

Greetings
David

Back