Hollywood's so spoiled...

Has anyone read the article on CNN about how Hollywood is crying because South Korea is hurting them financially by deciding to screen independent films 146 days out of the year??? Keeping in mind that Hollywood is not an institution on its own and that CNN does not speak for every production company, I still find it quite hilarious to see those money grubbers whining because Indie films are finally being given a chance to shine. 8) I believe Koreans have the right idea in giving their Indie artists the chance they deserve.

I missed this thread earlier.

Were there any links for the lazy (like me)? Is the SK gov mandating this, or is it the theaters doing it? Or maybe even SK's SAG-equiv lobbying to increase work for local peeps?

More... info... needed... ugh. :cool:

Isn't mandating certain types of movies be played the same as mandating certain types of movies not be played?

But that doesn't mean Hollywood should cry about financial problems. I'll give them some good sound financial advice - STOP MAKING SHITTY MOVIES!

Poke

"Under a government quota system South Korean cinemas must show local films at least 146 days of the year . . . At the moment Korean films are actually being shown more than the quota level because of high demand. They're also taking almost 50 percent of box office sales . . . But the United States is crying foul and claims the quota system provides unfair competition." ~ CNN Article

BoooHooo! This makes me cry almost as much as those anti-piracy commercials on TV being put out by the Hollywood Studios. I don't advocate piracy ~ BUT... When you have a $20 million per picture actor telling teenage kids that their downloading habits are taking the cheese off Food Caterers crackers and that Gaffer's children are unable to get braces on their teeth ... Aaaahhhhhh!

Last edited:
Back