Where is the best place to get your films noticed?

I admit, at age 14, I know my films aren't gonna reach the pinnacle hieght of greatness we all acheive for, but I would like to know where a great place to get my Film's noticed are at my age. (Other than Youtube). I make films with my friends, and they have just recently started to get really good, and this question has been bugging me constantly, ANSWER!

I admit, at age 14, I know my films aren't gonna reach the pinnacle hieght of greatness we all acheive for, but I would like to know where a great place to get my Film's noticed are at my age. (Other than Youtube). I make films with my friends, and they have just recently started to get really good, and this question has been bugging me constantly, ANSWER!

Look for some festivals in you region. You usualy should find many and at least one that is looking for the kind of film you made.

First off, you need to make sure to give people the CHANCE to see your stuff. I went to your page on here and I wasn't able to find anything about you or how to see your stuff. I think you should at the very least post your youtube link, but even better make a website for your stuff.

Here's mine if you want to take a look *don't worry it's nothing great*

http://www.trevorroach.tk

Also, try making a facebook group that your friends can join and help spread the word! just the little things add up.

-Trevor

Everyone hates advertisement whores, I must admit... But there are a dozen film forums you can go to. Make a facebook group. Make a myspace group. Stealth advertise on as many forums as possible. Get a hit generator for youtube. Getting your material out there is HARD work. But you have to grab people by their throats. Give them a reason to want to watch. Like the above poster suggested, make a website. I'd suggest getting a domain name (.tk screams amateur). Get friends to advertise it online, in their schools, in local festivals, etc. Contact a small local theatre, and ask them about screening. It may cost you an arm and a leg, but if you get a full house, you'll actually make some profit too. NEVER GIVE UP!

^sure .tk is amateur, but it's also free for someone in college ;D

also he's 14 put the money you'd spend on a domain name into something more important like equipment/ props. As long as it's a website, it's a website.lol

start small not expensive =P

that's my 2 cents.

-Trevor Roach

^sure .tk is amateur, but it's also free for someone in college ;D

also he's 14 put the money you'd spend on a domain name into something more important like equipment/ props. As long as it's a website, it's a website.lol

start small not expensive =P

that's my 2 cents.

-Trevor Roach
I'm sorry if I came off as calling YOUR website amateur! That's not at all what i meant!

A domain name won't cost you any more than 10~ dollars a year. Not quite sure what kind of equipment you could get for 10 dollars. Maybe a broomstick for a DIY boompole? :P

I'm sorry if I came off as calling YOUR website amateur! That's not at all what i meant! I just think impression is very important. If you have shitty advertising for a great movie, it will not do as well as a shitty movie with great advertising. Just linking people is not enough to make them watch something. However, if you can convince someone that your movie is a quality product, they are more likely to watch it. It is for this reason that lawyers who dress nicer, drive nicer cars, and wear more expensive watches get more clients.

I moderate a corporate forum, and self-advertising is a very common occurance. This is where I learned the "DO NOT"s of online advertising.

-Do not link to a .tk site. My 13 year old cousin has a .tk DragonBall Z site, and that kind of stigma is often attached to .tk domain names. .tk is the new angelfire.

-Do not have spelling/grammar mistakes in your description, on your site, etc. This, like a free domain name, screams amateur.

-If you are not a photoshop wizz, do not do all the graphics yourself. Find a friend who can do some graphics for you. If that isn't possible, then stick to a minimalistic site design. Keep it simple and clean. Lack of flashy graphics can be defeated with simplicity. To an extent.

-Stemming off of the point above, even IF you have some fancy graphics, don't go overboard. Incredible artsy and fancy websites are often a bitch to navigate.

If you're going to take the approach of advertising your website, there are several things to keep in mind. First, you have to get someone to click your links. A clever .com/.net domain name just might do the trick. You have to keep them on the site. If it does not look professional, that will be very hard to do. Most importantly, you have to get that someone to watch your video. If that person has to navigate through 3 screens to find a link to your video, they might not go through the trouble. Instead, you can have a news feed on the front page, with your videos embedded on news posts.

People have short attention spans. They won't accidentally stumble upon your site. They won't put up with eyesore graphics. They won't last through 1251923123 pages of navigation to get to the content they want. You have to hold their hand. You have to get them interested, and keep them interested.

Of course, 10 dollars isn't all that much, and can be the difference between someone visiting your site, or completely disregarding it. In the long run, presenting your films professionally may be costly - but what is the point of making films, if no one watches them?

Back