RIP CamVader (John Kilderry)

He hasn't been around the board much in the past couple years, but many of you know John Kilderry, aka CamVader. This morning the following message was posted to his Facebook profile

Good morning. I'm John's aunt. I want to let all of you know that John was found deceased last night at his father's home. His father found him on the guest room bed. He was staying at his dad's house taking care of his animal while his dad was in Naples. It appears he bled out from a hemorrhage in his sinus or throat. No word on arrangement yet, but expect they will be next week. When I know I will post here. Thank you all for being a part of his life. Nancy Elliott

John was one of the nicest guys I've ever had the honor of knowing and working with. He cared about his community, and was always encouraging and helpful to myself and the actors who worked with him. He and I worked on two shorts and a poptent ad; as well as prepping for a feature he wanted to shoot, and a music video he wanted to shoot for me. I miss him already.

His last short, Rumination, just premiered at a film fest in his home state of Florida. You can view it here: http://vimeo.com/104359477 The video is still private, but the password is 334455

John was a great person and will always be in my thoughts.

Josh sent me an email about this news which came just a few days after John and I had exchanged emails via Twitter, where he and I often went back and forth with tweets about film and such. Definitely feeling rattled and saddened. John was a kindhearted person and an enthusiastic filmmaker always trying to help others where and when he could.

screen-shot-2014-10-25-at-10-02-04-am.png

He shipped me his HV30 from Florida to borrow while I was living in California.

I didn't know that, Jeff. That's amazing, and just shows the size of John's heart. He was a great guy and wanted us all to succeed.

Let's do it.

It was very sad to hear this. He was very generous with his time, advice and opinions. The world needs more people like John.

I never know how to respond to news like this. I didn't know John; I knew a handle - CamVader. He was quite active when I first joined the forum and always had interesting or amusing things to say. I know it was a name I missed when it became less active.

So I will miss CamVader and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

I was thinking about this film the other day, and realized it's been three years. Still thinking about you, buddy.

Back