iPhone 5s - 120fps slow motion!

Heard rumours turns out its true, what do people think? A good idea or stupid gimmick, also does anyone know if its full HD slowmo?

yeah i heard about the 4k capabilities, but the slowmo interests me more..

if its full 1080p then i think it could be really interesting, just to shoot 1080p is not enough these days, the slow motion is a wonderful gimmick, but extremely useful for filmmaking if its the full hd case

never mind just read its only 720p, load of crap then.

yeah i heard about the 4k capabilities, but the slowmo interests me more..

if its full 1080p then i think it could be really interesting, just to shoot 1080p is not enough these days, the slow motion is a wonderful gimmick, but extremely useful for filmmaking if its the full hd case

It would be nice to get some HD slo-mo shots that can be held in your pocket :)

120fps in your pocket at a mere 720p - what is this, the Flinstones? If it doesn't have 4k raw I'm not interested. When will these phone manufacturers finally give us what we really want?!?

4K phone or GTFO
smiley_colbert.gif

120fps in your pocket at a mere 720p - what is this, the Flinstones? If it doesn't have 4k raw I'm not interested. When will these phone manufacturers finally give us what we really want?!?

now now, they wouldnt want to give us an actual product we want would they, they slowly drip feed us things we kind of want so that we feel some sort of satisfaction.

anyways whats 4k raw when in 5 years time we will have super ultra 10th dimensional High extreme ballistic Resolution which will more or less be 20k ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUNA2nutbk

I don't know why we're talking about 720p like it's such a horrible thing. Do you know how many people still watch DVDs and SD TV? I don't have any statistics, but I feel like most people are still primarily watching Standard Definition, which 720p is a major improvement on.

I already have an iphone, and it's awesome. It would be pretty silly to pay full price for a new one, but if I were eligible for an upgrade (with contract renewall) I'd absolutely do it. Alas, I'm already on contract, so I'll have to wait for the iphone 6 (or perhaps I'll consider a Samsung). Regardless, I think this is a pretty sweet camera to have in your pocket.

According to the rep that I spoke with, GoPro is working on 2K 120fps in the 4 Black (or whatever they end up calling the top model). The key words are "working on". I have asked them to make the lens changeable so that you can put on a lens that mitigates the barrel distortion.

Back