• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Doctor Bernard Presents - webseries

A video should be fine. It's a busy business so lots of auditions end up (to begin with at least) being via video.

As for frame rate: call me European but I'd shoot at 25fps. Jokes aside I would actually shoot 24 because you should really be doing everything possible to increase the production quality of your show. If something is being broadcast on TV it automatically has audience credibility, if it's being broadcast online then you need to earn it and I think making it filmic will go a long way.

And so it ends... :no:

Actress has the flu or food poisoning or something. Had to call off today's shoot. We're still on for tomorrow, hopefully this won't cause my crew to flake out on me though...

Im sorry and if its any consolation, i know exactly how it feels. Anger. Frustration. Depression. And as long as that is followed by an optimistic attitude of getting it done with a determined smile on ur face, it's just a part of no/low budget film making.

Nope. Looks like this whole thing needs to be rescheduled :( I got a message last night saying she was feeling better, but then this morning my other actor says she's 'under the weather' and won't be coming. Couldn't get replacements so there we are.

It's mainly frustrating because, while I was expecting things to go wrong, not having actors was kind of the only thing that could stop me from shooting. The crew could have cancelled and I still could have made it. But the worst part is that I feel like I didn't even get to learn anything from the experience, besides, 'well, this sort of thing can happen.'

No other choice really, though, but to keep trying. I just wish there was something I could do differently next time to prevent this, but I can't think of anything.

Ok. Rant over.

No other choice really, though, but to keep trying. I just wish there was something I could do differently next time to prevent this, but I can't think of anything.

Move to Japan, the healthiest country in the world?

I hope you keep your resolve up. Shit happens and it's just a shame to get stung by the same wasp twice in a row. I hope you have better luck in the reshoots :yes:

Back