Young Artist

Hi there :)

I'm "only" 16 years old, but I guess if you are an artist, age doesn't really matter, does it :lol:

Ever since I taught myself how to write and read my dream was to become an author. I've been writing a lot of short stories and poems. Some of them got published in books and on a CD (in German, otherwise I'd tell you where to find it on Amazon..).
I also taught myself two of the 6 languages that I speak, and much more, because I love words and find them fascinating. Also I'm currently writing a book, which is probably not interesting at all for the film community here, sorry to bore you :rolleyes:
But I don't only like words. I also like pictures. I'm an artist and I draw and paint a lot. I've also always been someone who likes trying new things, just creating things that I can be proud of, and telling stories. This is what I wrote about my desire to write:

There is a room. A white room. And there are people in this room. Hundreds of people. Some of them are as white as the room. Some of them are only shadows on the white wall. But there are also people who are wearing beautiful, colorful clothes. They are walking around, looking for a door. Sometimes they stop and call for somebody to make a little hole into the white walls, where there are some colorful spots. But they have no voices. Not yet.
The room is the fantasy. In my mind there are already so many people waiting for me to give them voices, to color them, and to create their life. To listen to what they want to say, and to care about them.
It makes me sad when I think of all the people who are out there. I freed them from the white room because I felt sorry for them. Then I left them. They are still out there, doing the thing that I last told them to do. Forgotten, abandoned, lonely. Some of them are sleeping. Some of them are looking out the window, seeing nothing, 'cause I haven't finished writing about it.
I know I am a writer. There are some people in the white room who already have a voice, that I can sometimes hear. I have to stop trying to ignore them. I have to stop allowing my laziness to shout even louder. I have to start. I have to start coloring them, giving them a character, and a voice. And if I just give them some tools they will be able to break the white wall by themselves.
I know I am a writer.

And since I like words AND pictures so much it is no surprise that I got interested in filmmaking. Oh and also (sorry for interrupting the thinking process..) I play three instruments and I started composing.

So, I like WORDS, PICTURES, and MUSIC. Obviously I like filmmaking, too. Since I've only been living on this planet for 16 years so far, there hasn't been much time to become a professional filmmaker, yet. So I'm basically pretty unexperienced at that, but I'm currently doing an internship with a guy who makes commercials and shorts. I enjoy every second when I can think about filming and the filmmaker guy says I'm talented at that.

Since my budget is of course not unlimited as a student I didn't have enough money to buy a professional camcorder and equipment, yet, but so far I have a Canon Vixia HF S21 camcorder, a good tripod, and lighting equipment (it is not made specifically for film making though, and I will buy new ones at some point for sure).

Also I've many ideas for short films (I've already planned 10 of them, and I can see every single shot in my head.. and yes, I know that it can always change later when I'm actually filming it). I also have one idea for a feature film, uhm actually two, but first I want to get more experience in filming until I start thinking about the feature films. I'm also very interested in screenwriting and very excited to start writing as soon as possible.

One problem is that I can sometimes get a little bored when I'm writing, and I guess that's completely normal, but at the same time as learning new stuff about filmmaking I'm also hoping that I can find some motivation here.

Thank you so much for reading this long text :)

- Artist

Heh, I'm shocked that that username wasn't snagged years ago! :lol:

It must have been waiting for you, all this time. :cool:

Hello! :)

That's freaking awesome, you being here is already motivating me to get moving with filming

Welcome to Indie talk, i am also new to this site
I cant wait to see some of your ideas on video, you'll get great responses from some of the people
(what I've seen so far)

Back