Hello from the North Shore of Chicago!

hey all!

I'm Alex, 20, from Wilmette Illinois. Ive been into film since childhood and have only wanted to make films my whole life. I started experimenting with film in Jr. high school by making funny, stupid shorts with a close group of friends. Then in high school, I developed a passion for film. I then went to Columbia College for film for a year and decided to drop out. The school felt like an online college where i wasn't getting anything out of it.

For the past year, I've been studying on my own through books and the internet. I discovered this fabulous site and have been so grateful since then! this site has absolutely everything anyone who is into film needs. Again, i praise whoever created this site!:)

Currently I'm attending a local community college and working part time. i haven't been able to make a film in the last year because of lack of funds and lack of help. my crew is me, myself and I, which is partly why i joined this forum. I'm looking to meet up with other locals and make some short films together. i want to become a writer-director. my only problem is i don't own any equipment needed to make a film nor do my close friends (strange, i know). i used to do photography and i was told by many that i had an 'eye' for composing shots. this encouraged me to want to direct films. i have been writing multiple shorts in the downtime that i have so i have some ideas we could shoot.

Wow that's a lot to read^. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm hoping we can work together sometime!

-Alex

Back