• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New Article: Preparing a Script Idea for Distribution

Hello everyone!

I am a contributing writer for the website Suite101.com in topics relating to film. I have wrote my first article on the subject of script/idea preparation in terms of distribution. The article is just a jumping off point, and is really meant to get filmmakers thinking about their ideas as an outsider--or more importantly, as a distributor--to most effectively prepare their film for the end game of distribution. Many filmmakers do not think that far ahead, and wait until their film is finished to even begin thinking about distribution--I know this first hand because I have done it before myself. Now, I am an acquisitions executive for an independent theatrical distribution company, so I see many projects come my way that simply aren't "theatrical". If the filmmakers would have taken the time to think about theatrical distribution ahead of time, taking into account marketability, demographic, genre, reach, and quality, their films would have been more successful. In any case, please take a look at the article. It is very basic, as it is written for a broader audience, but like I said, it is merely a jumping off point to begin the thought process. Thank you for the read!

http://filmtvindustry.suite101.com/article.cfm/preparing_an_idea_for_film_distribution

-Alex

Back