• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

anyone to write best storyboard

hi, i am planning to shoot a documenatry feature on blind childrens who are exceptionally talented in music, art work and singing. they have their low life, their near ones and fanily members deserts them and were staying ina govt run schools. i could not get the angle for my script, can anyone suggest from which angle i should shoot the documentary? and what wil be the title?

thanks

my first thought would to be to go from this angle:

usually when we think of the word "beauty", we immediately think of our sense of sight. We think of a beautiful house, a beautiful city, a beautiful river, or a pretty woman or good looking man, etc. But if you think about it, when you hear music that you really like, don't you also say to the person your with, "wow, that is a really beautiful song". But still when someone mentions the word beauty, most of us, do immediately react with the idea of sight. So ...it's an interesting idea to think about that the fact that beauty comes in many forms, and for people that cannot see, they can still experience beauty, particularly through the sense of hearing and music, which pertains to these kids you're talking about. In essence, it is a different kind of "seeing". It's also I would guess, a kind of safety blanket for them if they've had rough young lives, to be good at something, like music, something that they can always carry with them for company when they're scared or lonely without their family, and something to be proud of. You might want to explore that aspect of it too, in fact, I'd say definitely explore that.

For a title, I was thinking of something to go with that theme, something like...

Hearing Sunsets
or
Melody of a Sunset
or
The Sound of Beauty ---(take off on the Sound of Music obviously, but there are no rules against that I don't think and I dont' think it's too corny)....

But those that I listed might be too pretty actually...pretty but without enough heart (which ends up equalling corny sometimes)...I'm not sure. You also might want to wait to title it till you've actually talked to some of the kids, they might come out with some phrase that is perfect and ties it all together, even though it may be more random than the ones that I listed in a way. I think if you get something that comes out of one of the kids and then you actually have them saying the same phrase within the documentary, that would be cool. Plus it would be a real treat for whichever kid comes out with it.

Just some ideas.

Back