Hello! I'm ambient/cinematic composer

Welcome, Ivan!

I like your music.

I really like the look of your website. It is slick and elegant looking. Consider me a new fan.

I hope I am not being too bold by suggesting some changes to OVOD'S bio. It is very nice. But I noticed some difficulties. At first I thought I would just suggest some fixes for problematic syntax or offer better sentence arrangements to improve comprehension for readers of English . Maybe I went a little too far beyond that. If so, my apologies. But, they are only suggestions, after all. And I tried to stick to your original sentences within reason. If they are helpful, great. If not, forget I said anything. :)

And I enjoyed trying to work this out while listening to your excellent tunes. Of course it looses some of its "Russian" character, perhaps. But it should make it more readable. I wasn't always sure what you intended to say with this or that sentence. And I'm also not very familiar with how music is created or with the lingo involved. I did my best. Or at least I tried to do my best-ish. =P Some more tinkering might help it further.

OVOD is a solo project of Ivan Lavrov of St. Petersburg. The music of OVOD is a combination of analog synthesizers and guitars passed through various hardware effects, as well as field recordings and the manipulation of Ivan's own created samples. He chose the first take of most elements in his quest to achieve the most naïve artistic expressions free from the constraints of perfectionism. In an age of increasingly sophisticated computer technologies and mass media imposed standards for audio album creation, OVOD rejects the trend toward overproducing, computer processing, and the use of compressors, limiters, or self-playing instruments.

Ivan's inspiration for OVOD comes from reading books, the severe weather of St. Petersburg, his fondness for evenings spent writing music, from classical music, and the rock of the seventies. He also spent many years playing classical music on piano, hard rock on guitar, as well as Latin and instrumental before transitioning to electronic experimental music.

The OVOD project is always open to suggestions from other like-minded musicians who are interested in its mission and in sharing ideas. The forthcoming and second OVOD album will feature a symbiosis of noise, including the textures of nature recordings as well as acoustic instruments. Further down the road, Ivan would like to invite session musicians and visual artists to come together for the creation of a live program.

Welcome, Ivan!

I like your music.

I really like the look of your website. It is slick and elegant looking. Consider me a new fan.

I hope I am not being too bold by suggesting some changes to OVOD'S bio. It is very nice. But I noticed some difficulties. At first I thought I would just suggest some fixes for problematic syntax or offer better sentence arrangements to improve comprehension for readers of English . Maybe I went a little too far beyond that. If so, my apologies. But, they are only suggestions, after all. And I tried to stick to your original sentences within reason. If they are helpful, great. If not, forget I said anything. :)

And I enjoyed trying to work this out while listening to your excellent tunes. Of course it looses some of its "Russian" character, perhaps. But it should make it more readable. I wasn't always sure what you intended to say with this or that sentence. And I'm also not very familiar with how music is created or with the lingo involved. I did my best. Or at least I tried to do my best-ish. =P Some more tinkering might help it further.
Hello!
Big thanks for your help

Back