Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Events

Old 04-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #16
mdifilm
Basic - Premiere Expired

some who had requested the free dvd prior to April 1st had written some review on the film, you can find them at www.batmanfanfilms.com forum or one is here http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/...2211#post62211

Others at our forum at www.mdifilm.com/joker

Johnny
mdifilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 04-16-2005, 11:49 PM   #17
Zensteve
Basic - Premiere Expired

Sounds like the peeps that have seen it are diggin' it!

Holy rave reviews, Batman!
Zensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:34 PM   #18
mdifilm
Basic - Premiere Expired

A Joker's Card is now online!

A Joker's Card is a short comedy/parody/fan film of characters from DC Universe. Premiere party tonight in Cleveland

Now you can check out the 18:25 minutes of A Joker's Card exclusively from Undergroundfilm.org!

http://www.undergroundfilm.org

For additional footages or story, visit http://www.mdifilm.com/joker

Johnny Wu
www.mdifilm.com
Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #19
Zensteve
Basic - Premiere Expired

Guess what arrived in my mailbox today... the official DVD!

I still need to get home and watch it... I bet it's going to be awesome.

There are 2 discs inside it... one appears to be the movie, and the second seems to be an audio CD of the soundtrack. Nice little bundle, for sure.

Thanks for the discs, Mr Wu! I'll give them an excellent workout when I get home.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #20
mdifilm
Basic - Premiere Expired

Zensteve, please let me know if you have problem playing it, I'll be happy to exchange it

Also, photos from the premiere is now available at www.mdifilm.com/joker/photo.html
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #21
Zensteve
Basic - Premiere Expired

Sadly the DVD was not working with my players.

The audio CD of the soundtrack is really great, though!

Track 10 is my fave by far... a real tip of the hat to the Adam West era. The other tracks are also extremely good... a lot of variety to the sounds, from solemn tolling bells and an Elfman-style, to that percussive drum-thing from Japan. (Forgot what that's called)

I watched the online version at UnderGroundFilm.org ... not the best way to appreciate the details in it, but still a decent online compressed file.

It's quite the mix of material!

It has serious scenes... Spoiler: Interview with "Mr Big"

It has slapstick scenes... Spoiler: Fat-lady charging the gang

It has Woody Allen - style neurotic scenes... Spoiler: just watch it!

It has experimental scenes...

_______

I would have liked to have seen more actual super-hero costumes... I was expecting several.

But that aside, the choreographed finale "wire-fu" fight segment was fantastic.

_______

I've read elsewhere that colour plays a big part in each scene... kinda hard to tell on my my ancient monitor, viewing a web-file... I'll have more to say when I can see it on my tele.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 AM   #22
Spatula
Basic - Premiere Expired

I saw the undergroundfilm version as well... it was quite excellent!
LOVED the ending (as Zen puts it... "wire-fu")
Really "out there" bizzaro Batman flick! Congrats! You hit my sweet spot... although the absence of the REAL caped crusader made me weep.
Great flick!
Spatula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:21 AM   #23
mdifilm
Basic - Premiere Expired

Thanks to both of you taking the time to watch it and to review, sadly the online version also have a bug, I sent them the cut off version during the bloopers at the end credit (I've re-sent them another copy and hopefully that will be adjusted accordingly)

When I ventured to this parody fan film, I didn't want to put too much of actual characters because of the 'fair use' clause, and especially, was hoping to be able to move toward the festival route (by using copyrighted material or considering as fan film, if a festival charges for people to come see their films, I can't submit this in or it will be liable for lawsuit... Even with fair use anyway)... So because of that and wanted to do something silly: to pay some tribute with the heroes and villians we grew up with and poking fun of the 'what if scenario' and some 'kungfu' movies In particular, the mask I wore is an alteration from Aveging Fist (A HK Tekken based movie by Summo Huang), the scene where I ran toward Nightwing, is paying homage of Hero (during Jet Li vs Donnie Yen), the fat lady flying, paying tribute to TV's b/w Superman TV show, etc - ok, me stop here, not going to bore you to death...

Steve, your dvd copy is on it's way to you yet again, I do hope it works and you enjoys it as much as you can, btw, if you try the next button on the bad dvd you got from me, see if it would advance forward or somesort, sometimes yuo can also copy the video_ts folder to your computer and reburn it to another dvd of your own and it might work, or hell, try it on the computer using the video_ts folder?

i packed the dvd with a lot a lot of stuff so people can also enjoy that was made to make this fun project

Again, thanks for taking the time to watch it

Last edited by mdifilm; 05-06-2005 at 10:30 AM.