Premiere or screen your movie for $500 at the Crest Westwood

I've always wondered how much it would be to rent out a theatre for a private premiere in Los Angeles. Does anyone know what a non-discounted rate would be? And in other area's of the country?

Yup, I work there. I'm not the event Manager but I help with marketing and promotions. If you did want to book something in the future you can just call the theatre at (310) 470-1508 and Talk with Dana Morris. Everyone is really friendly and great there. It's a one screen theatre built in the 40's and it is beautiful inside if you've never been there. The good thing about a one screen is that all the focus will be on whatever event is happening. Check out pictures of the theatre at www.crestwestwood.com.

James

Just saw the trailer for Detours. Looks really well done, with a great idea well executed. Looks funny as well. If you're ever interested in booking the theatre in the future, keep us in mind! :)

Just saw the trailer for Detours. Looks really well done, with a great idea well executed. Looks funny as well. If you're ever interested in booking the theatre in the future, keep us in mind!

Thanks! And I'm definitely keeping the contact info for Crestwood for when we're reading for an LA premiere.

Hey everyone, the Crest Theatre in Westwood is offering a reduced rate for screenings or premieres for the rest of October, (as long as the time slot is open.) $500 for a three hour time slot. If anyone is interested, hollar! http://www.crestwestwood.com/
$500????? I have a vastly better opportunity: Premiere your movie for FREE on YouTube! This is not 1990 any more.

Anyone who would pay $500 to have their movie shown at a theater reminds me of these bands that pay to play at the Roxy or Whisky. Throwing away money.

$500????? I have a vastly better opportunity: Premiere your movie for FREE on YouTube! This is not 1990 any more.

Anyone who would pay $500 to have their movie shown at a theater reminds me of these bands that pay to play at the Roxy or Whisky. Throwing away money.

Youtube sux. (and you are NOT premiereing it, you are giving it away at that point) I like old style actually meet people type stuff.

There is something to be said for premiering a movie in a theater in
Los Angeles post 1990. A producer can generate some press with
a theatrical premiere – the local press isn't interested in a YouTube
premiere. It's a great perk for cast and crew especially if they have
worked for no/low pay. Even if they were paid, seeing the result of
their work all together in a theater (especially one as nice as The
Crest) is a wonderful experience.

This is NOTHING like the pay-to-play nonsense of L.A. clubs. This is
a rental agreement just like renting a location. I always make the
effort (and spend the money) to do a cast and crew screening in a
local theater.
I've always wondered how much it would be to rent out a theatre for a private premiere in Los Angeles. Does anyone know what a non-discounted rate would be? And in other area's of the country?
Most theaters across the country offer rental deals. The cost varies
depending on the night of the week, the distributor agreement for
the current movie playing and (of course) the theater. Even the big
chains like AMC offer some theaters for rent. My advice is to check
the websites of the theater you're interested in and contact the
promotions person.

+1 what Rik says.

Seeing and showing what you made as a team on a big screen in a theater is pure movie magic. Afterwards you can share stories, laugh about what went wrong, etcetera...

You should try it, Cryogenic.
A 'youtube premiere' is a really cold shower compared to this experience.

Back