I name some of very American movies for me. I say why say for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, IT IS TRUE, Lefitsts in America Like Steven Spielberg are Nationalist. I don't say Republicans aren't, but his films are always leading America....
But to be honest, I love few films of Mr Spielberg. It is because of differences in cultures. I don't love those who ads for America, though, Raiders of the lost arc was best in those probably. Other Indiana Jones I don't like that much.. In many of his movies such thought of Americanization exists.
But See, Most American films who really impacted USA ARE NOT very American.. I say why...
It is a fact that Coen brothers are half American half Israeli (their mom was Israeli in fact). And see which against which...
Raising Arizona... I will like USA of those times after this.. I imagine how foreigners would like to study in USA after watching it.
Phone Booth.. Not officially by Coen brothers, but probably by them, anyways, it is confidently after Raising Arizona. Like The weather man. It is like you like to go to USA after it..
Spider Man... Not By Coen brothers, BUT based on a plan codesigned by them. I know this, don't want to say you watch Hudsucker Proxy or that Israel is producer of these series movies...
No Country For Old Men.. Cool Movie Hollywood did not do it any time... Not only for words and cinematography and price and plot, etc. It was cool everyone waited. Even it was Obama's ads, you can find his campaign logo..
True Grit.. Western

You think differently????

Thanks!

I think that in world not many people are pro-Coen brothers films like I am...

In USA, Steven Spielberg and Quentin Tarantino are big brands.. Some movies like "No Country For Old Men" didn't sell the way I Expect... And in the other hand, films like "Django Unchained" Sold much better, which I don't like, it seems that I am one in opinion.....

Thanks!

If you want a very "American" movie try "Forrest Gump" which puts the protagonist in the middle of national events from the 50's to the 80's.

Films by Frank Capra are quintessentially American films, made in the 30's through the 50's. "It Happened One Night" is the prototype for all romantic comedies since. Other notable Capra films include:

Pocketful of Miracles
State of the Union
It's a Wonderful Life
Meet John Doe
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
You Can't Take It with You
Lost Horizon
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Not to mention the "Why We Fight" documentary series and other propaganda films during the WWII era.

If you want a very "American" movie try "Forrest Gump" which puts the protagonist in the middle of national events from the 50's to the 80's.

Films by Frank Capra are quintessentially American films, made in the 30's through the 50's. "It Happened One Night" is the prototype for all romantic comedies since. Other notable Capra films include:

Pocketful of Miracles
State of the Union
It's a Wonderful Life
Meet John Doe
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
You Can't Take It with You
Lost Horizon
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Not to mention the "Why We Fight" documentary series and other propaganda films during the WWII era.

You forgeting it could happen to you

It is possible to like more than one film maker.

Just because you like the Coens doesn't mean you can't like Tarantino and Spielberg. They've all made fantastic movies.

You're also making a bigger deal about the Coens ethnic background than you should. These people are American and all have had similar lives. They're pretty much just like anyone else who was raised in the same time period in the country. They may have taken some extra classes when they were kids, but other than than that they had the same experience as any other kid in America. If you want to know what life was like for the Coen brothers as kids watch A Serious Man. I wouldn't really consider Hebrew School to be all that different than Christian Sunday school, or even classes for Greek and Chinese student. Or really even the German and Spanish classes I took. As it is generally a requirement to take a foreign language class in many high schools. Although, I'd say people should have these classes at an earlier age. It's more difficult to teach high school students languages than elementary school students.

Also. Raising Arizona is from the 80s. If you get any sort of impression of Arizona. Dispell it. The place grew like crazy since then. I live in Arizona. And while the movie resembles Arizona in the 80s. It does not resemble Arizona now.

Spider-man was directed by Sam Raimi. He is also a director from Michigan-Minnesota area like the Coens. They are collaborators and worked together on a few films in their early years. Most of the movie follows the story from the comics, the Coens had nothing to do with it. Spider-man was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. I experienced a good deal of what transpired in the movies in Cartoon adaptations and in the comics themselves prior.

Also. No Country for Old Men has a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and also made a box office $171.6 million. It was well received. Critically and Commercially the Coens and Tarantino are similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back