[May 29] What are you working on this week?

Writing a proposal to edit 100+ product videos for a webshop.
#fingerscrossed

Trying to get some momentum back into 'Koekjes'. Work really got in the way last 2 weeks.

Hoping to make some headway on the preproduction of the documentary, going to create a new website, do some welding, read some books I've been wanting to get to, and order some parts for my truck.

I met with a cute stand up comic chick tonight. Looking for a host for my comedy news show.

She was so self centered! She said she wanted to do a show where she can go on political rants and discuss different viewpoints with people. I told her that it sounded like a podcast but she replied that podcasts are boring. Yeah no kidding lady - no one wants to know your opinion you're not special and millions of people have facebook accounts and twitter feeds with their opinions too.

I told her I wanted the focus of the show to be on other people and to put the spotlight on different comedians, etc each week. She wasn't interested in that at all.

I was at the top of the list for open mic but they kept cutting everyone in front of me because I was new. Then that girl left before I went on and said to contact her if i have any other ideas. lady couldn't even wait the extra 15-20 minutes to see me do standup for the first time.

Then i got mad at the host for not bumping me up a few spots before that lady left. At that point I wouldn't have been funny if I got the microphone, I wouldn't have told off the host. So I left.

I'm not charismatic or funny enough to be a great host, but my charisma is +10 when i'm dressed as a woman so maybe I can just host it in drag and do the show 100% by myself. Hmmmmm.. idk. It would be better if i had a cool partner that could bring something to the table. It's so hard to find

but she replied that podcasts are boring

lol, if she thinks that, then she's SERIOUSLY messed up. You can't write off an entire artform (imagine the blanket statement: "paintings are dull.") Especially if you do stand-up comedy, which is a 90-95% aural experience anyway.

Hello all,

Brand new here but wanted to chime in and say hello...

Hello.

I'm doing my first shoot this week of a short I wrote a few weeks ago.

I've been writing for years but wanted to get on the production side for a change.

Led.

Just got home from shooting a sunset timelapse.
The streetlights didn't go on: some defect today.... just my luck, lol

Thanks, Lucky Hardwood.

Glad to be on board.

I'm hoping to run the film festival circuit with this one so I'll be able to invite people to view it via Vimeo but it won't be public for about a year.

Most or all of the film festivals require the submission not be public prior to submission.

Strange but I understand.

Led.

Back