Yes, I am a newbe to videos!

Hello, I am new to video production!
I have a DJI Mavic Pro, and I want the best that I can get from this drone.

I think that the drone is more then ok, but I also guess that I have a problem with my post processing hardware.

I have tried to handle 4K video on my laptop, but the playback is laggy and not enjoyable.
I have set the drone to 2.7k, and at least I can playback the raw video without lags, however, when I go to post editing ( Imovie for now), again it is a bit frustrating as everything is so slow.
Once I get the video somehow done... I publish that on youtube... but on my monitor the quality doesn't look outstanding... but i if I watch it on my home TV looks much better!

I am using as a computer an Apple Macbook Pro 17" ( 2011 ) that indeed is a bit old... with an external monitor widescreen 34" LG.
The home TV is a 60" Samsung...
I will post here the first video ever that I made with the Mavic... maybe you guys have some good advise to improve the situation...

https://youtu.be/tHYBvwrzKE0

Thanks!

Marco

Most people edit 4k footage using "proxies"
Was that part of your workflow?

Welcome to the forum!

Film is about telling a story. What story does your video tell?

Most people edit 4k footage using "proxies"
Was that part of your workflow?

Welcome to the forum!

Film is about telling a story. What story does your video tell?
Yep! Yesterday digging I have learn something about proxies. I have downloaded Adobe Premier trial yesterday and today I will try. Maybe it will helps!
If it works then I will decide if it is better for me keep filming in 4K raw, or anyway to film in 2.7k from the drone... at the moment I don't many reason to film in 4K... ( a part for keep footage to the higher resolution for future uses )...

Back