• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

celtx shot list?

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
I'd love to be able to throw a screenplay (written with Celtx) into a column on the left side of the page and use the right column for a shot idea list. Not a shooting script, just a way to keep track of ideas as I collaborate with my DP over the internets. Has anyone ever done this?

I haven't done it...

I'd love to be able to throw a screenplay (written with Celtx) into a column on the left side of the page and use the right column for a shot idea list. Not a shooting script, just a way to keep track of ideas as I collaborate with my DP over the internets. Has anyone ever done this?

But while you're in screenplay mode, you can easily add notes about anything you want in the right hand sidebar...

filmy

I just wish there were a way to print the notes alongside the text...I'm a cretin of the dark ages and love to look at these notes printed out. I think I've settled on just assembling the screenplay pages on the left side of a notebook with blank pages on the right and start a prompt book earlier than usual.

See if you can convert to an AV script which should land you with two columns, the right is normally used for audio, while the left is for story/image. This will get you a side by side layout if the AV style script is normal in Celtx.

Back