• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

What We Did This Summer (Coming-of-age drama)

Screenplay-What We Did This Summer

Hi, my name's Nick Romantini. I'm a young and aspiring screenwriter from New Jersey and I'm currently seeking an independent executive film producer to purchase a coming-of-age drama that I wrote called What We Did This Summer. Please note that I am not a filmmaker, only a screenwriter, so a producer who knows indie filmmakers is preferable.

LOGLINE:
What We Did This Summer is a mid-1990s set coming-of-age drama that tells the story of three 12 year-old boys who, during a week long camping trip in the woods near their home, end up getting lost in the uncharted part of it and are forced to put aside their personal differences and rely on each other to get out of there. Along the way, the boys learn about friendship, survival, and growing up. It's mostly inspired by the famous coming-of-age films from the 1980's such as The Breakfast Club and Stand By Me.

All feedback, whether it be positive or negative, is welcome. Enjoy:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1padgUYRpvQUWgtS0NNZUhxYUk/view

If you are an independent film producer who's interested in buying the script and producing it, then please feel free to contact me at nickarome@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

LOGLINE:
What We Did This Summer is a mid-1990s set coming-of-age drama that tells the story of three 12 year-old boys who, during a week long camping trip in the woods near their home, end up getting lost in the uncharted part of it and are forced to put aside their personal differences and rely on each other to get out of there. Along the way, the boys learn about friendship, survival, and growing up. It's mostly inspired by the famous coming-of-age films from the 1980's such as The Breakfast Club and Stand By Me.

All feedback, whether it be positive or negative, is welcome. Enjoy:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1padgUYRpvQUWgtS0NNZUhxYUk/view

I did not read past the first page.

Best advice is to rewrite, but do so with two points in mind:

1. Understand that each line of action must move the character and the story forward.

2. You are writing images. That is what we and others WANT to read. Images.

Happy writing.

Back