• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New webisode series "ASSASSIN"

Hello all im Sam connolly the creator of a new webisode series called assassin, it is a 10 part series that centers around an assassin who has a mission go wrong. Anyway I have the first episode uploaded onto YouTube for viewing at this link http://youtu.be/dcKft0NuFP8. The style of production used is machinima (making films with games)

Please enjoy and feel free to send feedback on here or to my personal email address samueldconnolly@outlook.com

I've played my share of fps and I'm an indie film maker, sure I'll give it a try

hmm long intro

skip ahead

watching someone play a video gameā€¦

black screen, mumbling I can't understand

back to watching someone play a video game

running

running

running

running

really? still running ..

not even tom cruise runs this long in a movie

more mumbling. I have absolutely no idea what words I'm supposed to be hearing, it's kind of aggravating to experience.

not for me. maybe someone else will enjoy it.
it's all about finding your audience.

Have to agree - doesn't make a lot of sense. I would suggest a FPS is not the best kind of game to use to make a film as it doesn't exactly give any interesting visuals - as sfoster says, it's mainly just running. And I didn't actually notice any dialogue at all!

As a big fan and creator of machinima content I have to say that this is very off... firstly, I have a feeling this is recorded from a PS4 or Xbox One using a capture card... firstly this means you have low quality (You really need 1080 and high res game graphics to make this style work)...

On top of that you have no story... Like none at all....

Tips! Go watch some really popular machinima series! Such as Red VS Blue or one of the many Machinima channel comedy shorts. Also, get a high end PC, you need to mod these games to become cinematic. Note how you have a crosshair on your screen... either edit that out or just remove it from the game.

So yea... This looks like GTA V on new gen? Judging by the insane auto-aim and first person... Good games to machinima are DayZ Mod (Private Server w/ CineMods), GMod, Source Filmmaker, etc

Ah Well some people don't usualy get the first try but that's life i value the feedback, even though I'm sure no content creator is keen on their work been slated, my style of work is the slow paced story rather than the fast paced environment, it's true when said all about audience, thanks anyway I'll be sure to network any future work to you guys for propper feedback :)

And for sfosters comfort the lines spoken was " congratulations the mission was a complete success... Your next mission is". And "you destroyed the target effectively however there was a slight problem, there was a witness and we can't afford loose end, you know what to do". The reason im a bit offended is because these lines were recorded by a close college friend of mine a few years ago who unfortunately passed away last year , but like i say i valued the feedback as it helps im considering a recut of episode one with more action

The episode is now removed due to internal agreement, will post new reworked episode when ready, i do hope you will be able to reveiw the new material with the same accurate honesty (slightly brutal) as it actually helps the development of this project

Kind regards
S.connolly

Series creator

And for sfosters comfort the lines spoken was " congratulations the mission was a complete success... Your next mission is". And "you destroyed the target effectively however there was a slight problem, there was a witness and we can't afford loose end, you know what to do". The reason im a bit offended is because these lines were recorded by a close college friend of mine a few years ago who unfortunately passed away last year , but like i say i valued the feedback as it helps im considering a recut of episode one with more action

That's very rough about your friend, sorry to hear.
It can be a brutal business, but also it depends on your goals.

If this is a project just for you, keep it. Enjoy having your friend live on in your work.

If this is a project for others to enjoy, the audio sadly has to be either improved or replaced entirely.

Or at least add subtitles. Maybe subtitles is a good compromise, people can still follow the story that way.

It's very hard getting brutal feedback, I know. Also keep in mind that film makers are going to be tougher to please than any other audience.

Back