Canon HF G10 - Anyone messed around with it?

I'm looking for feedback on Canon's new-ish Vixia HF G10 camera. It has a dedicated focusing ring, solidly built body and lens cover thingy (boy, I sound so professional there, don't I?) to help keep out the sun's rays during outdoor shoots.

I've been looking on Vimeo and YouTube but haven't seen anything too terribly impressive; in some cases the footage looks worse than, say, the HF S200, yet it has better low-light capabilities than previous Vixias due to its enlarged sensor (I'm assuming this is also why some of the footage looks worse).

So basically, my question is this: has anyone here tried it out yet? Do you have a video that you shot with it that you'd like to share? Does it allow you to add a DOF adapter should a person so choose to do so, or is the protruding lens thingy (why can't I remember that thing's name!) permanently attached to the camera?

If you have a video, please share it here and let us know what settings you used to shoot with, what you liked most about shooting with it, what you disliked, and whether or not you recommend it to a 19-year old wannabe-filmmaker (aka Me :P ). Thanks guys!

-Jeremy/Yodaman

Dang, that xa10 looks pretty good! I'm gonna have to do way more research on that one now. :P

For only $500 more with better audio input options, it definitely seems worth it...

Back