• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch AUDITION the horror / thriller...

Very cool Dan! Been following your channel for a while now.

The color grading needs a bit of work. Some of the exterior shots look like they were overexposed when you shot them, and then in post you pulled down the brightness slightly. It looks unnatural. Some more saturation and vibrancy would be nice as well. If you had lightened up the film visually, the twist wouldn't be as obvious. The FCPX video filter was distracting as well. It looks good, but as someone who has used fcp before, the filter is recognizable. There seems to be some lighting issues in some shots. Aside from the basement shots, there are a few scenes when it seems a bit dim. One of my biggest concerns is the audio. It's incredibly unappealing to listen to and took me out of the experience. It needs cleaned up and fixed a bit. The Foley and sound effects stand out as well. They don't seem in their enviorment.

Anyway, nice work and I look forward to your next project! The script and acting was fantastic, as well as the camerawork and editing.

Back