I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

has this turned into a diet thread sfoster?

I can't start shooting again until I lose another 40lbs at least. maybe 50.
So .. yes i suppose a diet thread.

but I'm only updating it every 10 lbs so it's not like I'm blogging about sugar cravings or recipes.

4 or 5 more diet updates at the most ;)

but I'm only updating it every 10 lbs so it's not like I'm blogging about sugar cravings or recipes.

Update as often as you feel like doing so, ain't nothing wrong with that.

I just read the entire thread. Wow, this is an interesting project. I must admit that I'm a little worried about the end-product, only because I consider myself an ally to the LGBT community and I'm not entirely convinced this movie will be helpful. But I have very little info to go on, so my concerns may be way off-base. Either way, I look forward to seeing the final results.

Keep up the weight-loss, it's good for you and the film!

At one point in time this was a weight gaining thread.

I don't think the movie will be hurtful. Helpful would be nice but lets not kid ourselves I am not going to change the world with my short film.

Last edited:

I wanna see a 6 pack next time and I dont mean of the beverage kind....

Damn a whole month since i posted here!!
I am down another 10 lbs at 199. Finally under 200.

I was at 201 like 2 weeks ago but i had 10 family members come into town and simultaneously developed an ear infection. The result was too painful to exercise and a lot of delicious food everywhere... Gained a bunch, just lost it and then some so the saga continues.

3 more months of this sounds exhausting, I'm really sick of it.
But I moved from XL to L shirts and that's great... unfortunately most of my clothes are medium.

I have 4 shirts in large.

A friend told me about a show (not in america) that shares a similar concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaCFfP6Ha_g

SheZow, when he puts on a ring he becomes a woman superhero.
My film uses panties and has a different message - but I think this is actually pretty cool!

I bet I could tap into the SheZow audience overseas.
Anyone who watches that would likely be interested in a live action "version" of it

I went two months without losing any weight but I dropped 2" off my waist.
It was so frustrating I put my scale away and stopped weighing myself for a month.

Now I'm down 5 more pounds and another inch but I'm obviously not going to make my goal weight by halloween.

That means this won't be finished until next halloween at the earliest :(
I got really depressed this week because my face is still chubby and I'm going to miss my deadline.

Then I ate a bunch of chocolate and it made me even more depressed that I've been off my diet.
Yikes.. At least the chocolate cravings are gone now... and I ate a hamburger, delicious.

Clearly the only way I can be happy is to move forward. I'll be back on the diet soon but no more swimming.
Now it's a treadmill in front of a television due to cold weather.

Last edited:
So, I'm all for losing weight to be healthy. And I completely understand the desire to lose weight to be more happy with yourself.

But why do you need to do it to make the movie happen? Fuck all of that bullshit about lead roles needing to be skinny straight white males? ANYONE can be a hero! You can make a great movie while rejecting those ideals.

Just make your movie! :D

Skinny straight white males lol.
I'm obese for all the parts of the movie that I'm a male and the rest of it I'm a transgender superhero.

and yes being skinny is fundamentally necessary for my message to get across.
it's also necessary if i want to attract an audience. I would look disgusting in that superhero outfit right now.

"Just make your movie" is really shitty advice.
I'm trying to make a great movie not a POS.

Skinny straight white males lol.
I'm obese for all the parts of the movie that I'm a male and the rest of it I'm a transgender superhero.

and yes being skinny is fundamentally necessary for my message to get across.
it's also necessary if i want to attract an audience. I would look disgusting in that superhero outfit right now.

"Just make your movie" is really shitty advice.
I'm trying to make a great movie not a POS.

Haha, "just make your movie" was more intended as encouragement. I'm sorry if it must've came off differently than I intended it.

If being skinny is necessary for the movie to work, then of course you have to do that. I'm just trying to prod you to do what you need to do. I'm rooting for you!

This thread is 2.5 years old haha I can't give up now!!!
Well I guess I could but damnit I'm not going to. Plus I would be sad to be fat forever.

I want my face back. So the weight loss needs to happen either way.
I only got this fat because of the movie in the first place, still heavier than i've ever been.

This thread is 2.5 years old haha I can't give up now!!!
Well I guess I could but damnit I'm not going to. Plus I would be sad to be fat forever.

I want my face back. So the weight loss needs to happen either way.
I only got this fat because of the movie in the first place, still heavier than i've ever been.

YASSSSS!!! DO IT!! YOU DIDN'T COME THIS FAR TO BACK OUT IN THE LAST MINUTE!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

*sorry for yelling, haha, I just felt it was necessary.

Follow through. :)

07-14-2016
3 more months of this sounds exhausting, I'm really sick of it.
But I moved from XL to L shirts and that's great... unfortunately most of my clothes are medium.

no kidding!! those next three months i lost an inch off my waist every month but didn't lose any weight.
Wow this has been difficult. I hit some kind of plateau.

To combat that I went off my diet completely for 3 weeks at the beginning of october.
It was tough to stop dieting like that, I thought i would gain a lot of weight since i ate whatever I wanted but I only gained about two pounds.

And it was a great move!! When i went back on my diet I'm losing weight again.
I'm under 190 now... Still in Large shirts. Face still a little chubby.

But damn I am getting closer!!
And I'm eating an avacado every day now.

Never doing this again lol

Last edited:
My dad's aunt is over 80 now. Her husband started to need injection for diabetis. She gave him the EH diet. EH = Eat Half. Nothing fancy.

A few years ago I lost 24 lbs in half a year: I quit whipped cream on deserts, used less sugar, cycled more and ate less in general. And I didn't do this like a conscious diet. Only after people commenting I looked thinner I checked my weight.

You can do it!
Just make sure you don't build up any deficiencies like iron or B12 (alright, that is mostly a risk when going vegan without knowing what you are doing.)

Thanks walter. For a long time I wasn't paying attention to protein or fat, just calories. This might be part of why my hips started to hurt. Also exercising 4.5 hours a day made a difference too I'm sure.

I'm doing less strenuous exercise now while I mend, and I've been balancing my macro nutrients. As usual I still eat tons of vegetables for the low calorie full feeling, but I haven't paid attention to iron or b12. Maybe I should use some type of nutritional app and tell it what I eat? It's basically the same thing every day... soup, vegetables w/ avocado and egg whites.

I'm down 60 pounds but likely have another 20 or 25 to go. 8% body fat would be ideal.

BTW My dog is diabetic, I think the best thing is low glycemic foods but he's got all sorts of food allergies so i was never able to put him on low glycemic diet.

Make sure you drink plenty of water. Green tea is good too. I lost about 40 pounds about 20 years ago and have not gained it back. Everything in moderation rather than depriving yourself. More protein helps too.

Make sure you drink plenty of water. Green tea is good too. I lost about 40 pounds about 20 years ago and have not gained it back. Everything in moderation rather than depriving yourself. More protein helps too.

No chance i will gain this back.
One friend said he was surprised i was able to lose the weight - as if there is any other way for me to live?

There is only one path for me.

a narrow path

This is just a short film but i realized how i could use this as the groundwork for a feature film without having to get fat again. do like a kickass 2 leap forward in time when suddenly the MC got himself in great shape.

Then I wouldn't have to win at cannes or sundance to parlay this short into something bigger. I would just need to win at a smaller local festival, get a lot of views on youtube, etc and then kick start for the funds to make it into a feature film.

then i am a professional indie film maker with a movie online people can buy.

Back