• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

NY Times Review of My Films This Sunday, Filmmaker Mag Feature in Next Issue

Hello, all. I'm new here and have just introduced myself on the Welcome board. I will be posting the following message in a couple of areas that seem suitable for the topic, however feel free to flag or remove them if they violate any terms of use. My keywords would be: indie, microbudget, distribution, streaming, publicity, DIY, reviews, film festivals and probably a few more.

As stated in the title of this post, my microbudget films will be reviewed in this week's Sunday N.Y. Times in the streaming column, print and online, and I have written a beast of a tell-all for the next issue of Filmmaker Magazine that will also appear in print and online. The occasion? My four completed features have just debuted on Amazon Streaming to mark the 10th anniversary of the festival premiere of my first film.

While I did not get as far as fast as some of my acquaintances in this realm, I have plenty of relevant advice for anyone at any stage of the process: production, fest circuit, streaming, publicity/reviews, you name it. I wish someone had mentored me or at least given me some tips in these areas but I was just winging it, and still am.

I'm not going to get into detail in the forums, but if any of you have blogs, podcasts, etc, I would be happy to talk about this stuff until I'm blue in the face, if there's anything that could possibly be useful for your own projects, or for the edification of your audience.

Whatever your age or stage, we're all in it together.

Best,
Alejandro

"An arresting talent. Very different, period. Fascinating to the point of repeat viewings." - Variety

"Micro in budget, macro in ambition, accomplishment, and scope. Prompts multiple viewings, and deserves them." - Village Voice

"So much more ambitious and intelligent and accomplished than the films that come out of Sundance every year." - Mike D'Angelo, A.V. Club

"A must see. Wildly ambitious and overwhelming." - Karina Longworth, L.A. Weekly

"A true find. Beautifully realized. Every single moment of the story rings true, aided by uniformly excellent performances." - IndieWire

"Adams is no longer a local genius but a national contender." - Richard von Busack, Silicon Valley Metro

"BABNIK marks Adams as a fresh directing talent. It's a rousing success." - BoxOffice Magazine

it's great to have you here. people who are willing to share their experiences are a great asset

Back