• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sunrise (Teaser)

Hey Guys,

Check out the teaser for my Feature titled Sunrise shot in Mumbai, India on a hacked Lumix GH1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9269jx9ERYc on HD too

Love to hear your comments

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9269jx9ERYc

(You just need the YouTube code, not the whole link.)

Really nicely shot, and I liked the score/sound editing, but I think it was either too long for a teaser/didn't give enough away for a proper trailer. I think if this is designed to entice investors, then a tighter edit would help you enormously. Good luck, anyway, it looks like it may have a lot of potential!

Last edited:
Thanks was trying to work out how to do it. Yeah, this is more a European continental style arthouse film so it's not the sharply cut and bang bang film. Its crowdfunding on Indiegogo right now so lets see what happens.

honestly... 45 seconds... thats all you need... you can get rid of alot of the trailer ... and maybe add about 10 more seconds to kind of give ya a heads up at what is happening...

my guess is its a film about a husband and wife whose child is kidnapped and forced to do dance or do things she didnt want to do after she grew up and the father is trying to save her...

but honestly... thats a shot in the dark... because the trailer doesn't tell you really anything

for the first half until you see the kid being walked away... it appears that they lost a child due to death possibly

so when you see another person dancing... you assume its the child... its just too confusing...

BUT... BUT HUGE BUT HERE... the shots were spectacular... it kept me watching simply because of how well it was shot... i liked the angles... the lighting... and the score...

MAGNIFICIENT WORK... on the video video as a whole... i just feel its to confusing as its edited...

i am looking at the specs right now on that camera... and im liking it... hahahahah thinking about getting one now just because of your shots hahahah ... no joke... good work man

Thanks was trying to work out how to do it. Yeah, this is more a European continental style arthouse film so it's not the sharply cut and bang bang film. Its crowdfunding on Indiegogo right now so lets see what happens.

Of course, I wasn't saying the film had to be pacey and sharply cut, but if this is designed to attract investors then I'm not sure if the speed will attract more people than it puts off. Most teasers are under a minute long, and a trailer of that length should tell the audience more about what to expect. I realise it may not fairly reflect the style of your film, but trailers are ultimately adverts designed to attract an audience, for which languid cutting doesn't really cut it, if you'll pardon the pun.

For your IndieGoGo page I would recommend recording maybe a minte long introduction with the Director/Writer/Producer and then show something like this teaser (looks great but might benefit from being a wee bit shorter) and explain that this is more a stylistic resume than an actual trailer (or however you'd want to described it).

But yes, this project looks really strong!

@licenseless - Yo you got the drift. That's great! because that's exactly what I want to convey. And the confusion that's fantastic. Because I don't want you (the spectator) to be satisfied. There is nothing worse than a trailer or teaser that tells all (like most one sees these days) and satisfies, answers all the queries in your head. My wish as a film-maker is to create stories in your mind that leave you incomplete, even frustrated. so that you want to see the complete film.

@chilipie I see what you mean. but these time frames are set by convention of slots dictated Television or mainly advertising. TV decided that docs had to be 56 minutes long so that they could fit 4 minutes of ads or TV drama serials (26+4 or 13+13 +2+2)So it's just convention born out of Capital deciding what creators should do. There is no real reason for it to be a certain length.

@NickClapper I think thats a very good suggestion and I am going to record that today and have asked my DOP to do the same.
YES! (well said) this is more a stylistic resume, a taster of the rhythm and feel of the film

Wow, thanks guys for all those inputs... I was away last few days coz there is a great doc film festival that's on here in Brighton and I have been attending (one on Crowdfunding yesterday) seminars and seeing films. I am off to see one now.
SEE Festival, Brighton

Last edited:
Looks very professionally done. The teaser could've been a little shorter though.

Thanks bro! Maybe you guys are right. It does need to be shorter... But!
Really can't do much now. The music was recorded for that edit and I would have to get the music director to do it again. (He wont be pleased) and he is somewhere in western India doing some experimetal music concerts.

Back