Hello from Toledo, Oh

Hello everyone. The name is mark and i reside here in Toledo, OH. ( not the best of places but you have to make th best of everything right?). Well for starters im 29 years old and on my farewell tour of my 20's and in doing so life hit pretty hard, a reality check if you will.

i graduated HS in 2000 and immediately went into college. I took a direction of digital media that eventually turned into a Huge interest in video. Unfortunately upon my graduation date of May of '05, i ran into a major issue with the offices. In short and to not bore with details, The school i was attending took a year and a half and a lawsuit to admit they simply lost my paperwork and refused to bother looking for it. So in Oct of 06', i finally received my graduation papers through the mail.

So needless to say the last couple years have been a nightmare of trying to find a job in my field of schooling. I have done a couple commercial projects with FOX in our local area that have been aired, But still wasnt able to get my foot through the door. So i figure, if i am gonna get anywhere i am have to fully apply myself and work my rear end off.

I have since the time of school moved from using MiniDV to a nice little sony HD cam. And do to cost i have moved away from using Avid which i was formally trained on, to mostly concentrating on Adobe Premier and trying to learn After Effects. So with any luck and a lot of work ill get my indy career turned around and back on track.

TLDR version

Name - Mark
Intersts - Cars, BMW's, Gaming, and Sci-fi, Techno
Camera - Sony HDR-XR500
Programs - Adobe Suite 4
Computers - Custom rig (needs graphics card) - Dell XPS Studio 17 with a 40" 1080 screen:D

Last edited:
Welcome!

I am still using MiniDV(my camera isn't nearly as nice as yours-I have a Canon 930), and I also use Adobe Premiere(haven't had experience with anything else).

Lots of great people here :)

Welcome!

I am still using MiniDV(my camera isn't nearly as nice as yours-I have a Canon 930), and I also use Adobe Premiere(haven't had experience with anything else).

Lots of great people here :)

That is certainly great news. Ive used minDV since 02', and then in spring of 09' when i finally had enough money saved up i got a new camera. Its not the top of the line but its very compact, easy to use and has really good quality. IMO. Finally glad its getting nicer out so i can go out and put this motivation to use:) Ive been working on a project all winter, but went through a serious motivation issue. (cold and grey does that to ya lol) i do hope to relearn old info and learn new techniques.

:director: Welcome!

Lots of work to be had just north of the border in the Detroit area...three new studios (in varying stages of "is it a scam or not?") opening soon. Or not.

Plenty of festival action, too, for showcasing your DV masterpieces.

hey man i live in toledo as well. i just film for fun but i know a couple of people who are pretty serious about it around these parts doing music videos and stuff for locals. maybe i can get you in tough with them if your looking to network

hey man i live in toledo as well. i just film for fun but i know a couple of people who are pretty serious about it around these parts doing music videos and stuff for locals. maybe i can get you in tough with them if your looking to network

But it says you live in Germany?? lol.. well first things first. I need to get back on my feet and get the creative juices flowing again. And if the weather holds up, that will start this weekend. In the time frame of [finally] getting my credentials from school and now, i seemed to of gotten into a rut, which is purely my fault for not applying myself harder when times got rough. Which after 1/4 life crisis i see that now :lol: To be honost i have a hard time networking. Not really sure what to say. And the fear of making myself look like a moron. A bit hard to convey whats in my head into words sometimes.. but learning in a personal setting usually helps a lot more than reading text if your more of a hands on person like myself.

Welcome Smark...these boards are great for networking for sure...im an aspiring film composer myself, trying to get my foot in the door...maybe we can work together someday

Back