Mayan 2012 Production in Mexico

I am a film director that deals with themes of time theory. As a screenwriter I am a very practical sort of person and do not care for my investigation to come from external sources, in particular with a topic so easily sensationalized. I have the idea to drive there myself in 2012 and record a series of web videos. This is more of a project that is personal and is of interest.

The idea is to get a place for a month or so, so that I am able to get some serious work completed.

This post is in advance, in the case that there are film professionals out there with similar interests, that may want to put our resources together. If you have an interest in begin a part of this, or have studied the area already and have practical advise to offer, then write!

Clark

I have an open time share (for several weeks) throughout Mexico each year. I was just down there exploring and shooting footage at many of the Mayan ruins and country side south of Playa Del Carmen (towards Belize). BE AWARE, that they do NOT allow you into Mexico without approval on pro video cameras -- you MUST have a release form filled out in advance with government approval before entering the country.

I was turned away from several Mayan sites with one of my Pro DVcam cameras. NO Tripods without proper papers are allowed on Mayan sites. I still have a lot of quality footage. Had a blast. I love Mexico. I love the People and the Culture. Have several friends there. But, as anywhere, one MUST be aware of the rights of the Government and People that live there. Be polite, consider their privacy and honor their culture.

Good luck with your project. Mexico is a fantastic country to explore. Rich in history and culture. Great food and drink as well. I could easily retire in Playa Del Carmen. Heaven on Earth...

Back